Posting Number: SRGV3503
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Student Affairs
Scope of Job:
To provide support in the operation and coordination of a program or multiple projects. Responsible for assigned phases of a program or select projects within an area.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates program to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
• Supervises assigned day to day activities and personnel of the assigned program.
• Participates in planning and developing methods for program implementation and administration; coordinates program activities.
• Performs on-site reviews and reports activities and resolutions of project operating issues with project staff.
• May represent department in official functions.
• Drafts flyers, brochures, letters, agendas, and contracts.
• Prepares email communications for distribution.
• Attends meetings, conferences, and seminars related to the program’s mission and goals.
• Reviews records and reports of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objective; recommends modifications to methods or procedures as required to redirect activities and ensure that objective is attained.
• Supervises and organizes seminars, conferences, and presentations.
• Prepares recurring program reports for management use or as required for project or program.
• May participate in preparing grant proposals to state and federal agencies and private foundations.
• May conduct formal training or instruction in a classroom setting.
• Interacts with faculty, staff and students to promote the goals and objective of the program.
• Assists in preparing reports, proposals, manuals, and other documentation as required for the program.
• Develops and maintains database on research studies, policy issues, etc.
• Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations associated with and/or receiving benefit from the program.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Writing
• One (1) year of general office experience or experience in the appropriate field of the program, or
• Three (3) years of the required experience with an Associate Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
• Five (5) years of the required experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Writing experience and/or experience in graphic design software and video editing software.
As specified for the particular job.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Normal office, classroom or outside environment. Some travel and weekend work is required. Particular project or program may require ability to drive a car for local or distant travel for consultation, training, meetings, or on site demonstrations. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and lift for retrieving/maintaining files and for setting up multimedia equipment. Must be able to move between buildings, offices and classrooms.
Must demonstrate effective project promotion skills, and, the ability to develop and maintain strong working relations with internal and external agencies and entities. Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 07/16/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/18617