LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE II
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE II
Posting Number: SRGV3363
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
Provide nursing care as a member of an inter-professional team to patients in the clinic, stationary or mobile, and carries out provider orders. Assume the responsibilities of leadership to ensure efficient and appropriate administration of care.
Description of Duties:
• Ensures timely management of work within policy guidelines, assesses patient priority via call line and electronic systems.
• Performs procedures such as Point of Care testing and administers vaccines and other clinical duties as trained.
• Screens patients telephonically and in clinic; meticulous documentation of screening and communication results in electronic health record.
• Assists fellow employees in providing the highest quality personalized patient care.
• Maintains and upholds established clinic patient care, operation and employee policies as outlined in the UT Medicine Employee Handbook and UTRGV Employee Handbook..
• Interfaces with providers, the inter-professional team and patients to ensure optimal patient visit plan and experience.
• Provides excellent internal and external customer service, maintains professionalism at all times in appearance, verbal and written communication, resolution of patient concerns and or issues.
• Process requests for medication refills, paperwork, and works closely with Medical Assistants to enhance workflow.
• Alerts RNs or providers to any patient concerns and reports using the accepted clinical area accepted communication method i.e. SBAR to coworkers and management for optimal patient outcomes.
• Performs other duties as assigned
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
High school diploma or equivalent. Graduate of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse program from an approved school of Nursing.
Current Texas Licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse and CPR certification is required. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification course accredited by the American Heart Association.
Three (3) years of experience in vocational nursing.
Experience in a medical clinic setting or acute health care.
Use of standard office equipment. Telemedicine and related equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office or
clinical ambulatory patient care facility conditions, stationary or mobile. Some evening and /or weekend work may be required. Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
The ability to read, speak and write Spanish is desirable. Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal. Tact, diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality of medical information required in all matters. Possible exposure to combustible materials. Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/06/2018
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 06/30/2018
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-2451 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/18581