Full Benefits Package
July 13, 2018
September 10, 2018
The Post Award Specialist is a critical position to our grant funding process. The individual must be detailed-oriented and be able to reconcile issues and solve problems. The ideal candidate will be familiar and have experience with the grant management process; proven organizational planning, leadership and strong budget and financial management skills; experience with project management, and excellent oral and written communication skills. This person will participate in all pre-and post-award grant and contract processes; and in conjunction with the University’s Grants Accountant, establish accounts; review and maintain budgets, records, and computer databases; troubleshoot system implementation of grant/contract awards; and process necessary corrections, reallocations, travel advances, and requisitions.
- Reviews external proposal budgets and certifications and ensures compliance with University and Federal policies and procedures.
- Establishes accounts; allocates award budgets; maintains budget for faculty development programs to include reconciliation and transfers; and maintains all official award records.
- Provides pre-and post-award general support and troubleshoots internal and external grant/contract system implementation.
- Prepares and processes transaction corrections, labor reallocations, and checks request for purchase orders.
- Maintains computer databases of grant and contract transaction, statistical information, project files, tracking documents and other support information through the approval process.
- Analyzes request from awardees regarding changes in fund allocations, equipment purchase and other transactions.
- Collects reviews and disseminates program and budget updates and reports.
- Utilizes software (Excel, Access) to improve workflow and provides improved ways of collecting and reporting internal and external accounting information.
- Assists in compilation of data for the Office of Sponsored Programs/Title III Annual reports, and SACSCOC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of experience and /or education in grants, contract or database management is desired.
Walking, bending, squatting, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Send Resume and three references to :
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298
Notices and Disclaimers:
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Phone Calls Please.
Apply for Post-Award Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly