Associate Director of Marketing & Events
Associate Director of Marketing & Events
Enrollment Management – Admissions
Louisiana State University
The associate director of Marketing and Events position within Louisiana State University’s office of admissions will play a key collaborative role in advancing the university and meeting the enrollment objectives. The individual will provide strategic advice and drive the development and implementation of the student marketing strategy that comprises of print, electronic and campus event components. The marketing and outreach strategy shall be synergetic with the overall recruitment efforts that is innovative, consistent and measurable, and reflects overall university enrollment goals and objectives. This outreach strategy will include realigning practices and programs that focus on consistent messaging to prospective students, their families, and other key constituents.
This position will also oversee and monitor the implementation of campus-wide events to recruit, select, and yield students while leading and managing a team of high performing admission counselors, assistant directors and student employment groups. The individual is to assist the director in strategic planning appropriate action plans as it pertains to marketing and outreach initiatives.
Strategic Planning and Leadership (35%)
• Assists in managing day-to-day responsibilities of the department.
• Serves as a member of the admissions leadership team.
• Provides strategic advice and drives the development and implementation of comprehensive student outreach strategy that is consistent with overall university enrollment goals.
• Alerts director to issues which require assistance.
• Coordinates with other associate directors to collaboratively solve office-wide issues.
• Provides leadership within this collaborative environment to identify short and long-term planning.
• Identifies threats and opportunities to meet departmental outreach and enrollment goals.
• Supervises a team of admissions professionals including admissions counselors, marketing coordinators and campus visit assistant director.
• Maintains awareness of new marketing trends, opportunities and creative strategies.
• Develops and maintains relationship with key internal and external constituents.
• Prepares assessment reports, end-of-year reports for marketing and outreach initiatives.
• Serves on committees, councils, working groups dealing with undergraduate admission and student recruitment as assigned.
• Directs initiatives to develop office-wide communication strategy that is innovative and driven by student enrollment behavior.
Marketing and Communications Team Leadership (25%)
• Provides leadership and manages the day-to-day responsibilities of the outreach team.
• Identifies emerging problems and implements solutions.
• Manages the effective implementation and execution of a communications and outreach plan that includes the following goals:
1) To align practices and develop innovative print and electronic pieces that focus on influencing behavior through the enrollment funnel for all student populations.
2) To ensure a comprehensive approach to maintain and enhance with our internet marketing reach.
3) To develop and implement strategies for recruitment initiatives for on campus events that drive more students and families to visit LSU.
• Activities of this collaborative team include development of segmented communication plans for resident and non-resident students, assisting to shape messages to the underrepresented populations, and developing marketing funnel benchmarks.
• Partners with all members of the recruitment team to ensure high-quality execution of conveying LSU in all settings.
• Serve as liaison to LSU’s Strategic Communications Division. Works in coordination with Division of Strategic Communications and other university communications professionals in a manner that complements the University’s overall marketing and communications efforts.
Campus Programming (25%)
• Provides oversight of the development and execution of cutting-edge campus programing, including open houses and campus tours to recruit, enroll, and transition students to the main campus.
• Fosters strong relationships with each college and student services units to ensure active participation in all campus visits.
• In conjunction with diversity recruitment team colleagues, assess campus visit experience for all prospective students from underrepresent populations.
• Assists in developing campus-wide understanding and engagement in the purpose and message of each campus event dependent upon enrollment funnel stage.
Admissions Counseling (20%)
• Travels to in-state and out-of-state recruitment events to recruit high school, college and non-traditional students via attendance at organized recruitment events or visits to schools and/or community-based agencies.
• Builds relationships with secondary school counseling community and proactively participates in recruitment activities as assigned.
• Counsels prospective undergraduate applicants and their families regarding LSU academic programs, extracurricular opportunities, admissions policies and procedures. This interaction may include phone, in-person, or written contacts. In-person contacts may include group presentations in addition to individual interviews.
• In all counseling situations, employee must be thoroughly knowledgeable about LSU academic and extracurricular opportunities, and clearly articulate advantages of the LSU undergraduate experience. Further, the employee must be accurate in describing admissions policies, criteria and procedures.
• Individual must be responsive to prospective students’ concerns and needs by providing excellent customer service.
• Bachelor’s degree w/5+ years of progressive experience in college admission
• Master’s degree.
• Knowledge of best practices in enrollment marketing
• Strong team orientation, effective interpersonal skills, and superior written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with CRM system and demonstrated ability to leverage technology.
• Demonstrated ability to holistically evaluate applications
• Demonstrated commitment to data-driven decision-making, including effective analytical skills and proven results in achieving objectives and goals.
Must possess a valid driver's license. Must be willing to travel and work nights/weekends especially during peak periods. Due to the nature of the position and/or position responsibilities this position shall be subject to drug/alcohol testing in accordance with University Policy Statement 67.
Uniform may be required.
As with all LSU employees, Associate Directors have an obligation to assist students in the acquisition of necessary services. Should a student appear in need of or seek assistance with issues of an emotional, behavioral, or mental health related matter they should be referred to the proper service within the Student Health Center. In situations where the student creates an impression that they are a danger to themselves or others, the advisor should immediately contact the Care Team, the Dean of Students or the appropriate law enforcement agency. The employee outside of those rights contained within FERPA should create no impression of client or patient confidentiality.
The employee may be issued University-provided mobile devices to be used for business purposes only. If one is issued, this position requires the employee to possess a personal cell phone.
Additional Position Information:
Background Check - An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Benefits - LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; annual and sick leave; 14 paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption; training and development opportunities; employee discounts and more!
LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity/equal access employer
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed [email protected].