CE Art Instructor
Schedule Information: Evening and weekend work.
Hours Per Week: Varies
Work Conditions: Work is primarily indoors and sedentary in nature.
Duties of Position: Teach weekly classes to non-credit students enrolled in continuing education classes.
- Collaborate with other instructors.
- Organize and maintain consistent teaching schedule.
- Prepare lesson plans.
- Complete student assessments.
- Participate in recruitment activities in and outside of the division.
- Integrate technology into the delivery of instruction.
- Attend department and faculty meetings.
- Attend other meetings when requested.
Supervision: Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator of the Community Music and Arts Center.
Equipment and Tools Used: Utilizes standard office equipment in order to perform the duties of the job.
Educational Requirements: Formal training and degree's in your discipline is required with a Bachelor degree. Master's degree preferred.
Experience Requirements: 1-3 years successful prior teaching experience in a college or school setting required.
- Experience and passion for working with people including young children, adults, seniors and community organizations.
- Office experience and experience in working with the public is required.
- High level of proficiency in one or more of the following different art mediums - sculpture, painting, printmaking, mosaics, silkscreen, pastel, ceramics, drawing, design, graphic art, art history, printmaking, architecture, mixed media, animation, watercolor, and art education.
- Ability to communicate ideas, concepts and demonstrate techniques to people of different ages, backgrounds, and experience levels.
- Must have a strong commitment to teaching and a genuine interest in the life-long development of individual students.
- Positive attitude, excellent communication skills, openness to new ideas, self- starter attitude and willingness to work with professionals in other disciplines.
- High standards for quality, good judgment.
- Ability to teach more than one discipline is a plus.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire.
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.