Account Clerk Senior
Account Clerk Senior
Butte-Glenn Community College
Closing Date/Time: 8/8/2018 4:00 PM Pacific
Salary: Not Displayed
Location: Main Campus, CA
Full-Time/Non Exempt 40 hours per week; 12 months per year
CSEA - Range 25 $3,727.79 per month
Some highlights and details associated with this position:
- College Campus work schedule of Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Over the summer, that changes to Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with Friday off.
- Health benefits, The District offers several plans to employees, many of them at no cost to the employee. Additionally, Butte College employees have access to two Health and Wellness Centers through Butte Schools Self-Funded Programs. Employees can receive free or reduced cost care (depending on plan election).
- This year's winter break will be from December 21 - January 1 with pay.
Under the direction of an administrator, performs a variety of specialized, complex and highly responsible accounting and clerical duties requiring independent judgment involved in the maintenance of the District's financial and statistical records.
This is the lead, technical specialist level in the Account Clerk series. Work is performed within broad guidelines, high levels of independent judgment and may involve responsibility of lead direction of projects and staff performing related duties. Duties may involve performing the most technical and difficult tasks, requiring specialized or advanced skill in one or more areas of the work assigned.
The duties recorded below are representative of the duties of the class and are not intended to cover all the duties performed by incumbent(s) of any particular position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the scope of work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class. The essential duties of the class are indicated with an asterisk*
- Researches and provides information and assistance to District personnel pertaining to budget, balances and governmental accounting procedures and responds to related questions; supports the student population concerning the financial aspect of registration, payments and resolution of related issues*
- Performs financial and managerial accounting and business operations record keeping functions required by Federal, State and District policies, procedures, rules and regulations*
- Maintains, audits and controls a variety of accounts, records, reports and files*
- Establishes upgrades associated with an integrated computerized accounting information system and balances the general ledger(s) to the District and/or the Butte County Auditor/Treasurer's accounting system, point of sales and/or computer based ordering system*
- Analyzes data and draws sound conclusions; monitors cash flow and cash availability; provides assistance to outside auditors and responds to audit findings.
- Administers the precautionary measures that ensure receipt and availability of funds for categorical, grant and capital projects, general, agency, enterprise, fiduciary, proprietary, internal service and special revenue and other funds, inventory replacement and working capital reserves*
- Exercises the implementation of controls to guarantee against theft of funds, assets or merchandise, such as reconciling cash boxes, bank accounts, the book value of assets and physical inventory to financial records*
- Receives monetary transactions, prepares deposits and balances bank and deposit registers; assigns results to appropriate accounts and ledgers*
- Ensures that proper approval, correct budget and optimum classification and accurate service types are assigned for all District services performed and purchases acquired*
- Utilizes various software programs and computers to maintain the chart of accounts; assigns account codes and vendor accounts; processes and posts journals, receipts and expenditures to the general ledgers*
- Establishes accounts receivable(s) and payable(s); prepares, processes and reconciles travel, personal service contracts, encumbrances, invoices, checks (for vendor payments and deposits), financial and tax reports, specialty forms and may process payroll records/time sheets; ensures accuracy and completeness; verifies financial data to monthly reports*
- May execute the year-end closing and audit process; prepares and processes manual and computerized year-end reports and reconciliation's; interacts with outside auditors in completing the year-end close of the finance system
- Operates a variety of office and business machines, to include but not limited to, computers, typewriters, copiers, calculators, multi-line telephones and fax machines
- May serve on a variety of District committees as requested
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Graduation from high school, GED or the equivalent*; AND
- Three (3) years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of this class
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
- An Associate's Degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Hold and maintain a valid driver's license throughout duration of employment with the District.
May be acquired through education, training and/or experience.
Knowledge of: District policies and procedures; methods, practices and terminology used in government accounting and financial reporting, bookkeeping and financial record keeping; computer usage for utilizing a variety of software programs related to word processing and spread sheets, ledgers, and journals; calculators.
Ability to: post data and make mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately; learn and interpret rules, regulations, policies and procedures; effectively utilize computer equipment and software in the performance of duties; utilize keyboarding skills commensurate with the required functions for this position; follow oral and written directions; establish, maintain and work cooperatively with those contacted during the course of work.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
No assigned permanent staff to supervise. May train and provide work direction to student and short-term employees.
Normal office environment.
Faculty, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
Normal office environment.
- The successful applicant will be required to complete a medical history questionnaire and must agree to undergo and pass a pre-employment physical examination, based on the physical requirements of the position, prior to employment. The physician will be selected and paid for by the District. Disabilities not related to the essential physical job requirements will not preclude the applicant from being hired.
- Education Code § 87408.6 states that no person shall be initially employed by a community college district in an academic or classified position unless the person has submitted to an examination within the past sixty (60) days to determine that he or she is free of active tuberculosis.
- As a condition of employment the position you are applying for will require that you provide fingerprints to the local police department. The fee charged by the Department of Justice (DOJ) for the fingerprint report is the employee's responsibility. If you should be offered this position you will be asked to sign a payroll deduction form which will authorize the District to deduct the fee charged by the DOJ from your first paycheck.
The Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALL APPLICANTS, INCLUDING CURRENT BUTTE COLLEGE EMPLOYEES, MUST SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH THE ONLINE APPLICATION IN ORDER TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
All on-line attachment types require that you attach a document.
Please describe in your cover letter how your past experience and qualifications meet the needs of this position.
RESUME OR VITA:
Please submit this as an attachment, not as a text resume within the application.
To apply, visit: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/buttecc/