Since 1963, Mount Wachusett Community College has built a tradition of providing innovative undergraduate education, workforce development, personal enrichment, and community service to North Central Massachusetts and beyond. Located in Gardner, MA, with satellite campuses in Fitchburg, Leominster and Devens, MWCC now serves approximately 12,000 credit and noncredit students each year and offers over 70 associate degree and credit certificate options. An award-winning, national leader in the area of renewable energy, MWCC is also nationally recognized for its veterans' services, civic engagement and K-12 partnerships.
We hope you will consider applying for one of our open positions, and discover all that Mount Wachusett Community College and the North Central Massachusetts region have to offer.
General Statement of Duties
The primary role of the Assessment Assistant to assist the Adult Education program and the North Central Career Center in the administration of national reporting system (NRS) - approved academic assessments and diagnostic assessments of reading. The Assessment Assistant holds certifications in all assessments required by funding sources including but not limited to: (1) Test for Adult Basic Education (2) Massachusetts Adult Proficiency Test (3) Best Plus 2.0 or higher (4) Best Literacy (5) TABE Clas-E for Reading and Writing, and all other assessments as required by funding sources. In addition, the assessment assistant will provide support to classroom instructors by conducting diagnostic reading assessments to students at intake. Diagnostic assessments will determine enrolling student reading profiles and assist instructors as they implement research based instructional practices.
- Administers all Adult Basic Education and ESOL placement tests for the MWCC Adult Education program.
- Collaborates with the Career Center Outstation to ensure consistent administration of the TABE through the North Central Career Center.
- Assists AE sites in the administration of all required AE and ESOL assessments per most recent edition of ACLS Assessment Policy Guidelines.
- Attends professional development activities necessary to obtain and maintain certifications in NRS-approved assessments used by the program to measure academic skill gain as directed by funders.
- Administers Diagnostic Reading Assessments to determine reading profiles of entering students - contributing to the implementation of research-based instructional practices.
- Collaborates with staff to develop initial literacy plans for entering students.
- Attends departmental, local, regional meetings as assigned by the Assistant Dean of Adult Education and Training and/or designee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology, or closely related field; with one (1) year experience and/or training involving computerized test administration, computer program manipulation, or computer operations in an academic environment; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Salary: 28.29 per Hour Grant Funded
Employee Status: Part Time
Hours per Week: 18
Number of Weeks: 39
Mount Wachusett Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The following documents are required:
2. Cover Letter
Deadline Date: 7/26/18
Candidates may be subject to employment screening to include both a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) request and a Sexual Offender Registry Information (SORI).