Community Outreach Counselor (In House Career Center OutStation
Since 1963, Mount Wachusett Community College has built a tradition of providing innovative undergraduate education, workforce development, personal enrichment, and community service to North Central Massachusetts and beyond. Located in Gardner, MA, with satellite campuses in Fitchburg, Leominster and Devens, MWCC now serves approximately 12,000 credit and noncredit students each year and offers over 70 associate degree and credit certificate options. An award-winning, national leader in the area of renewable energy, MWCC is also nationally recognized for its veterans' services, civic engagement and K-12 partnerships.
We hope you will consider applying for one of our open positions, and discover all that Mount Wachusett Community College and the North Central Massachusetts region have to offer.
General Statement of Duties
The primary role of the Community Outreach Counselor (Career Center Oustationed) position is to serve as the general liaison between the North Central Career Center, Mount Wachusett Adult Basic Education Program, and regional WIOA core partners and service providers. The Career Center Outstation collaborates with all partners to ensure open communication and active and effective referrals between agencies. The Career Center Outstation will collaborate with local service agencies bringing important information regarding services available through the North Central Career Center and MWCC Department of Adult Basic Education to the broader community. The Career Center Outstation performs regularly scheduled group and individual assessments at the Career Center and collaborates with staff to determine appropriate referrals to services and/or trainings.
- Align advising services with the goals and objectives of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- Ensure the effective referral of shared customers from the North Central Career Center to partner service agencies within the region including Adult Basic Education Services.
- Collaborate with Career Center and community partners to further local, state, and national visions of educational and workforce development under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- Facilitate a partners group including but not limited to WIOA core partners and other service providers in the North Central Mass service area in support of the goals and vision of WIOA.
- Facilitate regularly scheduled academic assessments through both the North Central and the MWCC Adult Basic Education Department.
- Conduct periodic presentations at core partner agencies contributing to information-sharing strategies that are critical inter-agency collaboration under WIOA.
Bachelor's degree in Counseling, Education, or closely related field; with two (2) years experience and/or training involving career counseling, academic advising, international student
In-house Title: Career Center Outstation
Salary: $28.29 per hour Grant Funded
Employee Status: Part Time
Hours per Week: 18
Number of Weeks: 52
Mount Wachusett Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The following documents are required:
2. Cover Letter
Deadline Date: 7/26/18
Candidates may be subject to employment screening to include both a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) request and a Sexual Offender Registry Information (SORI).