Illustration Designer (Pool) (PT)
Department:: Marketing -5000
Locations:: Gardner, MA
Posted:: Jul 12, '18
About Mount Wachusett Community College:
Since 1963, Mount Wachusett Community College has built a tradition of providing innovative undergraduate education, workforce development, personal enrichment, and community service to North Central Massachusetts and beyond. Located in Gardner, MA, with satellite campuses in Fitchburg, Leominster and Devens, MWCC now serves approximately 12,000 credit and noncredit students each year and offers over 70 associate degree and credit certificate options. An award-winning, national leader in the area of renewable energy, MWCC is also nationally recognized for its veterans' services, civic engagement and K-12 partnerships.
We hope you will consider applying for one of our open positions, and discover all that Mount Wachusett Community College and the North Central Massachusetts region have to offer.
General Statement of Duties
The Illustration Designer assists in the creation and development of original artwork for the College. Responsible for the execution of various creative projects as part of the college's marketing efforts. Works collaboratively with the marketing team on an as needed basis. Supply final artwork in digital raw format.
1. Generate original illustration designs as requested
2. Work with the assistant director on concepts and the development of projects
3. Receive feedback from Assistant Director of Marketing and make changes as requested
4. Supply original works of art in raw format
5. Meet with the Marketing team to discuss project details as needed
- Associate's degree in Fine Arts required
- A critical eye for detail and composition
- Able to solve problems creatively and adapt your style if needed
- Self-motivated and ability to work to deadlines
- Expert in fine art, drawing, and illustration
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator knowledge a plus
- Own a PC or Mac with Adobe Creative Cloud software
? Work from home
? Portfolio of work required
Salary: $28.29 per hour
Employee Status: Part Time
Hours per Week: Varies with Assignment
Number of Weeks: Varies with Assignment
Mount Wachusett Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The following documents are required:
2. Cover Letter
Deadline Date: Open until Filled
Candidates may be subject to employment screening to include both a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) request and a Sexual Offender Registry Information (SORI).