Career Services - Assistant Director, Operations and Employer Development
Reporting to the Director of Career Services, the Assistant Director, Operations and Employer Development, manages the day-to-day operations of our career management system and job, internship and experiential learning opportunities database (i.e., Handshake). Working closely with the Director and Associate Directors, the Assistant Director builds and manages a strategic employer cultivation plan with a sharp focus on the interests, needs, aspirations and the personal and career development of St. Lawrence students and recent graduates.
- Facilitate employer and graduate school recruiting efforts, including job and internship postings, collection and distribution of application materials when required, scheduling and promoting information sessions on campus, managing interview schedules, and coordinating selective remote or off-campus employer recruiting efforts
- Maintain records and conduct surveys to capture and report outcomes, including collaboration on an annual first destination survey and report
- Coordinate the hiring and supervision of the part-time, limited duration Career Services Fellow position
- Serves as office liaison to campus IT Department and to our career management enterprise system vendor (currently Handshake)
- Collaborates with colleagues in Career Services and in other departments and offices to capture and promote opportunities and events designed to inspire and guide the professional development of students
- Additional related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in a liberal arts setting required, preferably in areas that inspire and support the personal and career development of undergraduate students
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Master’s degree in counseling, student services, social work or any of the traditional liberal arts disciplines
- Familiarity with career services management platforms such as Handshake
- Knowledge of assessment methodologies such as survey methods and focus group feedback loops a plus
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.