Working Title Admissions Advisor/Visitation Coord
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Admissions Advisor/Visitation Coordinator
- This is a non-renewable, project position, budgeted through June 28, 2019.
The Visitations Coordinator position is responsible for outreach and recruitment for Eastern Washington University. The Visitations Coordinator creates, organizes and executes projects for the Office of Admissions including but not limited to on- campus visits, off-campus visits, special tours, daily tours, and special group visits.
This position maintains primary responsibility for the coordination of all group, special and daily visitations to the University from prospective students and key influencers. Reporting to the Events and Visits Manager and working closely with the Associate Director of Admissions this position requires broad critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check.
This position is covered by the Public School Employees' Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Ability to participate in evening and weekend events and multi-day recruitment trips, which will require a valid Driver's License and clean driving record;
Position will require extensive sitting and walking; selected candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs. involving recruiting materials.
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at [email protected] to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree;
- Previous work experience in admissions, recruitment or student advising;
- Ability to participate in evening and weekend events and multi-day recruitment trips, which will require a valid Driver's License and clean driving record;
- Ability to coordinate multiple events at one time;
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures regarding transfer admission and records management;
- Capacity to effectively address diverse constituencies;
- Advanced computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite and SCT Banner (or equivalent); proficient user of laptop computer, projector, and cell phone;
- Two years increasingly responsible office experience;
- Position will require extensive sitting and walking; selected candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs. involving recruiting materials.
Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Previous work experience in event planning;
- Previous work experience in student supervision;
- Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Personnel, Public Relations or related field;
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs from planning through implementation to completion;
- Bilingual Ability.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, pay attention to detail and produce desired results;
- Strong organizational skills, complete tasks on time;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly and effective manner both orally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an integrated team;