Fiscal Analyst 3
Working Title Fiscal Analyst 3
Eastern Washington University is currently seeking a Fiscal Analyst 3. This fiscal analyst position performs senior level specialized payroll activities under general supervision within the Payroll section of the Office of Controller. Position independently plans, coordinates and conducts assigned workload and provides leadership role to other payroll staff and backup role for payroll supervisor.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt or, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check prior to first date of employment.
This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees' Collective Bargaining Agreement.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at email@example.com.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree which includes 18 quarter or 12 semester hours in accounting and/or auditing by start date.
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience in financial areas such as:
- Accounting, Auditing, Financial transaction reconciliation, Financial reporting, Fiscal tracking and monitoring, Governmental experience, general or higher education, Tax preparation
- Detail oriented working experience with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office products, Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Experience with Ellucian (Banner) or similar integrated payroll enterprise systems.
- Experience working in a payroll office
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively problem solve and think analytically