The Big Ten Academic Alliance seeks two project coordinators who will be part of a dynamic team of professionals managing programs and projects sponsored by deans and other senior level stakeholders at its member universities. These individuals will be responsible for project/program implementation, management and oversight; communications; planning meetings and working as collegial team member.
The specific project and programs assigned to the project coordinators may change over time depending upon the initiatives and strategic directions of the stakeholder groups. Initially, the primary responsibilities of one of the project coordinators will be supporting programs, initiatives and project groups of the Big Ten Academic Alliance Graduate Deans, including collaborative recruitment and diversity programs. The primary responsibilities of the other project coordinator will be supporting the programs, initiatives and project groups of the Big Ten Academic Alliance Chief Information Officers, including those related to information technology security, accessibility, learning technologies, and professional development. For more about the Big Ten Academic Alliance, please visit www.btaa.org.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee programs, projects and initiatives of various stakeholders, including but not limited to graduate deans, liberal arts and sciences deans, senior international officers, chief information officers, provosts and others.
- Coordinate and implement online applications and participant registration processes, including maintaining program data, web pages and informational materials, and making recommendations for process improvements.
- Administer and support group activities and initiatives, working with faculty, staff, and students of member universities, guiding and responding as warranted and appropriate.
- Manage complex program processes involving web-based technologies, database and spreadsheet applications, and multiple constituent groups.
- Support grant-funded projects, including submitting proposals, managing grant activities and objectives, measuring outcomes and developing intermittent and final reports to funding agencies and stakeholder groups.
- Identify, track, and analyze performance-related data for programs and projects, generating periodic reports.
- Research, write, design, layout, and edit special reports for diverse audiences, using multi-media as appropriate.
- Provide excellent customer service to member institutions, program liaisons and participants and work collegially and professionally with all external and internal stakeholders.
- Collaboratively engage and work as a committed team member of Programs Team and Big Ten Academic Alliance office.
- Other related duties and projects
Required Competencies -
Adaptability — changes behavioral style or method of approach when necessary to achieve a goal; adjusts style as appropriate to the needs of the situation; responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives
Attention to Detail — thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small; monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently
Collaboration — develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties
Communication – excellent writing, presentation, and inter-personal communication skills
Drive for Results — demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence; shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement
Problem-Solving — builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary
Reliability — demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job
Service — demonstrates strong commitment to meeting the needs of co-workers, managers, external constituencies, striving to ensure their full satisfaction
Minimum education and work experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Successful experience in project management
- Evidence of consistent use of good judgment, discretion, and tactful communication
- Ability to collect and analyze complex data and draw summary conclusions and recommendations
- Knowledge and experience with current office productivity applications and ability to learn custom systems
- Proficiency with social media and other web-based communications technologies
- Ability to handle multiple priorities without direct supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to meetings and to other member university campuses as needed
- Ability to work after hours as necessary on occasion
Preferred education and work experience:
- Advanced degree in related field
- More than two years of relevant experience
- Related higher education work experience
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by August 1, 2018. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search; however, a hiring decision will not be made until after the close of the search. This position is a 100% full-time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position physically located in Champaign, Illinois and will work out of the Big Ten Academic Alliance headquarters. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications and the start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search.
All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illlinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references. The Big Ten Academic Alliance is looking for candidates who are passionate about project management across a wide variety of academic areas, but candidate are encouraged to share if they have particular interest and skills related to one of the positions. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu