Program Coordinator - CLA Neurosciences
The Program Coordinator for Neuroscience will report to the Program Director and assist with student advising/counseling and coordination of the administrative processes of the Undergraduate, Master's and Graduate Certification Programs, acting as a liaison between students, faculty, staff and varied University offices and connecting with the undergraduate program as a central point for student support; coordinate student Independent study activities; assist in organizing Neuroscience Seminar Series and Journal Club meetings and various other events and conferences; assist in the efforts to recruit new students (both undergraduate and graduate) by participating in the formulation of brochures, newsletters and other recruitment efforts; manage website updates and social media accounts; assist in the hiring of new faculty members and prepare annual contracts for continuing faculty members; maintain fiscal oversight of the Department's Funds including the Operating and Research Funds, and coordinate other administrative functions of the Neuroscience Program. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and three years' experience working with students in an academic setting. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Required Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency with work processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs
* Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills, and strong attention to detail
* Ability to multi-task and rearrange priorities as needed
* Demonstrated customer service skills and ability to be student-centered
* Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of students, faculty, and administrators.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Preferred:
* Experience working in a higher education setting
* Familiarity with Temple University student systems
* Familiarity with disciplines such as neuroscience, natural or behavioral sciences, or health-related profession
This position requires a background check Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law. Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact. To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/ You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.