Adjunct Librarian - Cataloging
Schedule Information: 3 days per week, 5-6 hours per day
Hours Per Week: 15 hours per week (fewer hours during the summer semester); 44 weeks per year
Duties of Position:
As part of the Library team, the Adjunct Librarian (Cataloging) duties include:
- Perform original and copy cataloging, including authority work, in all formats
- Perform LC classification
- Act as a resource person for cataloging staff
- Catalog archival materials
- May work some hours assisting patrons with library research and other information needs at the Reference desk
- Perform other duties, as assigned
An American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master's degree in Library Science is required.
Candidates must have experience in technical services. Public Services experience preferred. A minimum of two years original cataloging experience; working knowledge and understanding of AACR2, RDA, LC classification, LCSH, MARC21 and OCLC.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.