Areas of Intereset: Food Service
Functional Areas: Student Affairs
Department: Department of Housing Administration
Requisition Number: 11718
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 18-Jul-2018
Campus Dining Services, within Housing & Dining Services, welcomes applications for a Shift Supervisor. This is a hands-on working position that provides oversight and leadership in assigned dining operation to all FOH attendant positions and acts as Lead Service Manager in their absence. This position would, under the general supervision of the Lead Service Manager and Executive Sous Chefs, assign and coordinate the activities of food service workers involved in set-up, food, and drink service. The Shift Supervisor will maintain, ensure and account for the cleanliness and proper functionality of the following areas and associated staff: food service preparation, beverage, dishwashing, dish return, courtesy stands, dining room and common areas. This position will provide input in the development of protocol for service standards, assign and delegate staff members to required areas based on flow of service and need of operation, ensure service quality, A9, food safety, and sustainability standards are all upheld and fully correct non-compliance immediately. The Shift Supervisor will determine break schedules for all of the aforementioned areas based upon organizational needs and staff schedules, all while offering excellent customer service in a team-driven and supported environment.
Who We Are
Housing & Dining Services (HDS) strives to provide CU students, faculty, staff and families with an exceptional living experience through our support services, award-winning dining and innovative programs.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Navigate customer complaints and is empowered to make decisions in the best interest of the operations and its guests.
- Ensure all ParTech and A9 labeling procedures are followed during schedule shift and determines corrective action when out of compliance, including verifying accurate labeling, troubleshooting equipment and staff education.
- Conduct audits of efficiency and effectiveness to manage and control cost. Offer recommendation and solutions to the Executive Culinary team to improve daily operations of functional area.
- Assist in creation of standardized operating procedures and training methods.
- Ensure all areas are setup and broken down in accordance with SOP's.
- Comply and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Assist in the culinary staff selection, training and onboarding process.
- Empower others to make decisions in areas within their span of control, and participates in measure to increase empower response rate and overall score.
- Ensure employees follow assigned schedule, appropriate break times and follow proper procedures of requesting time off.
- Responsible for performance plans for direct reports and hold employees accountable, following progressive discipline processes. Discuss staff issues with Executive Culinary Team and collaborate on best solution.
- Display and demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as coach others to develop their communication skills.
- Enforce and be accountable for following all dining room SOP's in assigned area.
- Understand and utilize all production equipment in assigned facility. Place work orders as needed. Assist with ordering and receiving of food as needed.
- Successfully pass ServSafe and offer tutoring assistance to staff.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary is $40,488.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Collaborative. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Three years of food service experience.
- Graduation from a culinary program may substitute for two years of experience.
- Servsafe certified and/or certificate appropriate for the position level or the ability to obtain Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level within 6 months of hire.
- Must possess appropriate Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level for the duration of employment with CDS.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
This position is designated "essential services." The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer