University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work
The University of Colorado, Division of Hematology, Blood Cancer and BMT Program has an opening for a full-time Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant for our inpatient unit. The position will work at least 50% night coverage, two to three weekends a month and share holiday shifts with other Advanced Practice Providers (APPs). This is subject to change dependent upon the needs of the organization.
Examples of Work Performed
- Manage the health care of a select group of patients in the Clinical Cancer Center.
- Perform a comprehensive health assessment, including health history, physical exams, preventive screening; identify medical health risks and needs.
- Formulate the appropriate differential diagnoses based on clinical evaluation.
- Perform, order and/or interpret diagnostic studies within scope of practice and clinical area of practice at University of Colorado Denver.
- Perform advanced technical procedures within the scope of clinical practice.
- Plan and implement therapeutic regimens that include both nursing and medical management strategies, including prescription of medications/devices.
- Establish systematic follow-up for evaluation of the plan of care and reassesses and modify the plan, as necessary, including initiation of referrals and consultation with physicians and other health care providers as appropriate.
- Assure patient and family teaching is adequate to manage the illness or wellness plan at home.
- Facilitate client participation and promote self-care by providing information needed to make decisions and choices.
- Facilitate appropriate utilization of the medical system in a cost effective manner without jeopardizing quality of care and service. May be involved in management of critical pathway and case management across the continuum of care as indicated.
- Participate as a team member in providing healthcare, interacting with professional colleagues to provide comprehensive care as a responsible professional.
- Maintain accurate, legible, and confidential records.
- Participate in active research protocols.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Highly motivated, self-directed learners who are willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Master's degree in nursing
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Colorado and admitted as a nurse practitioner to the Advanced Practice Registry of the Colorado Board of Nursing
- Eligible to be credentialed by the institutional processes established to provide oversight for advanced professional nurse practice
- Certified as a nurse practitioner by a national professional nursing organization.
- Prepared to obtain Acute Care NP certification within 2 years.
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant in Colorado
- Experience as a Clinical Nurse Practitioner
- Acute Care NP certification
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14117
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20164 - SOM-MED-BoneMarrow Transplant
Posting Date: Jul 11, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lynette Brandon
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00007566