MICROTECHNOLOGY CORE MANAGER
JOB NO.: 94831-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: SMPH/CARBONE CANC CTR/CANC CTR
Categories: Management/Supervisory, Research, Scientific, Other, Grant, Research, Contract Management, Laboratory Technician, Research Specialists
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94831-AS
Working Title: Microtechnology Core Manager
Official Title: SR INSTRUMENT SPEC(S52BN) or INSTRUMENTATION SPEC(S52DN)
Hiring Department: A533400-MEDICAL SCHOOL/CARBONE CANC CTR/CANC CTR
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 10, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $40,677 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Masters degree required in scientific discipline.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- At least five years of progressively responsible professional experience required.
- Previous demonstrated experience in collaboration, decision-making, experimental design, hands-on laboratory skills and pro-active problem solving
- Prefix assignment will be determined by years of relevant work experience. A minimum of seven years of experience is required for appointment at the senior level.
License or certificate:
The selected candidate will be the manager of the Microtechnology Core and involved in multiple complex interdisciplinary studies using microscale technologies to advance biological studies. The incumbent will work in partnership with the PIs and scientific personnel from on and off campus to design and fabricate microdevices for specific research applications. This position will support existing studies and plan new research projects that support submission of extramural grant applications. This position will serve as a primary point of contact for individuals desiring to work with the Microtechnology Core.
- Work experience should demonstrate dependability, flexibility, and maturity. Candidates must be effective at building interpersonal relationships with constructive interactions, be clear and effective communicators, promote and create collegial environments that value accountability. Employees will also be expected to uphold UWCCC core values as defined below:
Respect: Demonstrate respect for self and others -- behave professionally
Integrity: Act with integrity and honesty.
Teamwork: Commit to and demonstrate teamwork.
Excellence: Ensure excellence, quality, and high ethical standards in conduct and performance.
- The incumbent is expected to follow the policies, procedures, guidelines for excellence and professionalism established by the UWCCC and the University of Wisconsin. Additionally, this position will assure that all clinical research activity adheres to Federal, State, and University policies, procedures and requirements.
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but, also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process. Please upload a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please address your experience with the knowledge and skills of the position. You will also be asked to provide three professional/supervisor references during the application process.
The candidate pool established in this recruitment may be used to fill future positions within the same title in the School of Medicine and Public Health.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Jun 20 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Jul 5 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time