IT Programmer Analyst
Will be responsible for the implementation and management of enterprise workflow applications as well as the development of accompanying database structures. Will collaborate with colleagues at all levels and in all functions to improve the service experience.
• Provide ongoing support as agreed to maintain and update designed application solutions
• Work with customers to understand workflow and data requirements to implement appropriate application solutions to meet those requirements
• Establish and document specifications to measure process/workflow efficiency
• Develop and maintain scripts and application solutions to meet business needs
• Work with network and system architects to insure hardware system supports application requirements
• Develop and provide documentation and initial training for solution users
• Work with customer to verify and test designed solution including error handling and reporting
• Identifying, developing, and implementing synergistic application solutions that generate performance and cost efficiencies.
• Collaboration with CU systems to influence and ensure LASP applications are integrated and collectively meet LASP, CU, and research sponsor requirements for policy and regulatory compliance, business analysis, work process flows, and reporting requirements.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of experience in customer facing application development and support
• Experience in process design, business reporting or requirements gathering
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to work with variety of data sources SQL, Excel, APIs, etc
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
• Experience in IT process management, business reporting or requirements gathering
• Familiarity with ITIL or lean methodologies
• Familiarity with OpenText MBPM a plus
• Familiarity with basic Microsoft SharePoint site development to support team collaboration
• Strong track record in developing and delivering organizational systems
• Experience with source control systems and change management processes
Special Instructions to Applicants:The University of Colorado Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment, prior to the issuance of an offer letter. The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and an EPLS (Excluded Parties List System) check. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
The University of Colorado is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment admissions, and educational programs. Inquires may be directed to the Boulder Campus Title IX Coordinator by calling 303-492-2127. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at email@example.com.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Cover Letter 2 - Curriculum Vitae This position is eligible for medical, dental and life insurance, retirement benefits programs, and is eligible for monthly vacation and sick leave accruals.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: Jul 11, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Freya Olson
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00749955