Staff Assistant - MacDill
Job Description Summary
Manages and coordinates administrative and office functions. Acts as a liaison with University campus offices. Collects data for reporting and report preparation. Maintains all necessary paperwork associated with staff, instructors, and students as necessary and required. Also responsible for other duties as assigned by either the on-site Associate Director or Area Director.
- Business Administration
- Classroom procurement and designation for scheduled courses
- Daily retrieval, receipt documenting, and distribution of all Office mail
- Tracking of Program Update Requests, or PURs, as required
- Assisting on-site Associate Director with other responsibilities as periodically assigned
- General Administration
- Assisting with general VA record-keeping for enrollment verification
- Assisting with VA enrollment certification processes as assigned
- Assisting on-site Associate Director with preparation and submission of base clearances and pass documentation as assigned
- Procuring and maintaining appropriate inventory of office supplies
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Associates degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient computer skills, to include specific proficiencies in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to plan and organize work with minimal supervisory direction or guidance.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.