Medical Assistant - Professional Temporary
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs Primary Care Clinic invites applications for a Medical Assistant. The Primary Care Clinic is housed at the Lane Center for Academic Health Sciences, a unique cutting-edge partnership that fuses mental and physical health services to create an outstanding model for integrated healthcare education, research, and preventive primary and specialty care services. This is a 50% time, 9-month temporary position that is responsible for checking in patients, triaging acute care visits, assisting providers with medical procedures, medical supply inventory, collecting lab specimens, and assisting with front desk operations as needed.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Checks in patients prior to seeing medical provider
- Obtains lab specimens and notifies providers when results received
- Notifies RN of needed medical supplies
- Tracks abnormal labs and assists provider in contacting patients requiring follow-up care
- Communicates with patients on follow-up for mammograms, blood pressures, and Gardasil vaccines
- Notifies patients of normal lab and radiograph results at providers request
- Gives immunizations as outlined in clinic protocols
- Assist RN with biohazards waste disposal
- Assists providers with medication refills
- Answers phone and schedules appointments after triaging needs of patients
- Assists providers with medical emergencies that arise in clinic until EMT's arrive
- Works with students to comply with MMR requirement
- Disinfects and stocks exam rooms on a weekly basis
- Answers the phone, works with medical receptionist to schedule appointments after triaging needs of patients and works with RN to complete patient and outside provider requests.
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent organization, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with on campus departments and community agencies
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects at a given time
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to provide injections without supervision
- Strong phlebotomy skills
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Hourly Pay Rate: $16.24/hr.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- High School diploma or GED
- Certification or registration as a Medical Assistant in the State of Colorado
- Current BLS card/certification
- One year experience working in a medical setting
Special Instructions to Applicants:Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by 7/27/18 will receive full consideration. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or email@example.com. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s), Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:In order for an application to be considered, applicants must label each required attachment with the relevant title, attach the required documents for this position announcement to the submission and check the Job Specific Attachments box next to each document in the submission. When applying, applicants must include: cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and qualifications, current resume, unofficial transcript(s) or GED verification, proof of certification or registration as a MA in the State of Colorado, and copy of your BLS card/certification.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40082 - Beth-El Grad Nursing
Posting Date: Jul 11, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Deborah O'Connor
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00736222