Coordinator of Football Operations
Coordinator of Football Operations
Athletics - Gen - 220410
Is this an internal posting only?
Flexible Pending Season
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Coordinator of Football Operations to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Participate in all practices and team events.
* Participate in coaches meetings and assist with the creation and execution of practice and team plans.
* NCAA CARA Logs for Team Activities.
* Maintain/Update Teamworks Database system.
* Liaison for all player appearances and community outreach.
* Select the players to appear and communicate the information to them.
* Fill out all necessary compliance and associated paperwork for the appearance.
* Provide transportation and escort to the appearance if necessary.
* Liaison for current football team housing.
* Create rooming list for the student athletes who live on campus.
* Work with the incoming signees to obtain housing.
* Meet monthly with the housing director and RAs.
* Assist with billing process with the athletic business office.
* Oversight of housing during holiday breaks for bowl game.
* NFL Pro scout liaison.
* Coordinate/Evaluate each player with his position coach and NFL scouts.
* Breakdown Tape of our players with our coaches and NFL scouts.
* Create NFL Pro Packet and information for NFL scouts.
* Visit with NFL scouts while they are on campus about draft eligible players.
* Coordinate and plan NFL Pro Day and gather information for the scouts.
* Coordinate agent day with Compliance on UNT campus.
* Work directly with the Assistant AD for Football as the travel coordinator for all football game road trips.
* Serve as advance travel personnel for all road football games going to the site a day prior to team arrival.
* Meet with away hotels before team arrives to ensure that everything is set up and ready for the teams arrival.
* Coordinate post game meal with Nutritionist.
HIGH SCHOOL COACHES LIAISON
* Liaison for high school coaches.
* Watch and breakdown film with high school coaches when they come to campus.
* Coordinate high school coaches clinic.
* Attend practice with the coaches and get them involved in the practice script and practice plan.
* Assist Camp Director.
* Coach campers football techniques at position as assigned.
* Assist in the selection of camp dates and locations.
* Execute the daily camp activities and make sure camp runs efficiently.
* Assist with equipment staff on the camp T-Shirt and gear order.
* Liaison for CUSA officials for home games and scrimmages.
* Assist the officials at practice with game situations and communicates the plays with the referee.
* Coordinate Dates for Practice and Scrimmages.
* Provide food and drinks when participating in practice.
* Meet with Coach Littrell after each game to get plays to send in to conference office.
Other duties as assigned by Head Coach, Athletic Director, Executive Team, or Senior Team member. Nights and weekends required. Travel Required.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and three years of experience in coaching in respective sport at Intercollegiate Division I Level.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting