Lecturer - Digital Design
University of Colorado - College of Arts and Media
Lecturer - Digital Design
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work
This posting will establish and maintain a pool of Lecturers for the College of Arts & Media Visual Arts Department. Candidates hired from this pool will fill temporary, non-tenure track positions and will teach no more than two courses per semester. Appointments will be part-time (less than 50%) and will be made semester-by-semester, depending on the needs of the department. Therefore, this posting does not necessarily reflect a current open position. This temporary Lecturer recruitment pool is anticipated to remain continuously active until December 31, 2018, at which point all applicants will be cleared from the pool. Applicants are encouraged to apply to future recruitment pools after that date.
This position reports to Visual Arts Department.
Digital Design Program's Mission
The Digital Design program integrates aesthetic, creative, and critical thought with expertise in advanced electronic media. Configured as an interdisciplinary arts and design laboratory, Digital Design offers a hands-on education combining new art technologies and design concepts within a concentrated theoretical framework that promotes an understanding of the cultural impact and uses of digital technologies. Through this interdisciplinary approach, combining arts and communication, Digital Design strives to produce artists and designers who will use design in innovative ways both in commercial and artistic spheres.
Examples of Work Performed
Teach courses from introductory to advanced levels of web design, UX and UI to undergraduate design students.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional Broad knowledge of the history of art, contemporary art and design
- Knowledge of wire-framing, UX and research and production techniques
- Ability to teach professional practices and approaches in to design
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of marketing, branding and dissemination
- MFA degree in design or advanced degree in related field and minimum of three years of professional industry experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of conceptual and design-based principles as applied to professional practice and experimental design
- Excellent facility with graphic design applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent typography skills
- 1 - 2 years professional experience working with Interaction Design
- Ability to teach and work with a diverse student body.
- 2 - 3 years teaching experience on the college level
- 3 - 5 years professional design experience
- Expertise in 3D motion and motion graphics
- Advanced skill-sets and experience in motion graphics, 3D, UX and UI Design. • Knowledge in human-centered information, experience and interactivity design.
- Professional experience with project development, pitch development and or branding
- Experience in Ethnographic Design research
- Scholarly or creative research focused on any of the following: Motion Design, Broadcast Design, Game Design, Sensory Typography, Professional Practices, Design History, Environmental Design, Social Design and Activism, and or Sensory Based Programming.
Salary and Benefits:
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14099
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30120 - CAM-Visual Arts
Posting Date: Jul 11, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Michelle Carpenter
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00618997