Building Service Foreman (Temporary Upgrade) - Facilities & Services (99592)
Building Service Foreman (Temporary Upgrade)
Facilities & Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level assign and control the performance of building service work. They work closely with Management to cover all needs of the building. They work under general supervision from a designated supervisor.
A Building Service Foreman typically:
- Establishes work priorities, scheduling and assigning work
- Directs, supervises, evaluates, disciplines, and assists with assigned employees or staff
- Oversees and maintains the assigned area; assigns and inspects work assignments and prepares reports; assists in determining the adequacy of the workforce; plans and schedules work priorities for custodial employees
- Trains employees in established building services, methods, and techniques
- Procures, distributes, and is responsible for security of operating supplies and equipment.
- Recommends proper supplies and equipment and communicates changes for the department's use; conducts individual and group training sessions to assure proper departmental cleaning procedures are being utilized
- Conducts building and/or job safety and sanitation standards on workers in accordance with applicable local, state, federal and university safety and health recommendations and regulations
- Enforces safe working habits; including ergonomics risk management, safe operation and handling of materials and equipment
- Collects, reviews and submits time and operating data, with responsibility for providing requested recommendations; approves vacation requests and other leave of absences according to departmental policy
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Building Custodial Services promotional line at Facilities & Services, are interested in a temporary upgrade, and are not currently active on the register for this classification.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Three years (36 months) of experience in building custodial work.
For more information about this classification:
This Building Service Foreman posting is for a temporary upgrade for Facilities and Services employees currently working in the promotional line. The work schedule and minimum salary are to be determined.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Building Service Foreman (Temporary Upgrade). Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Facilities & Services
Category: 7-Service Operations
Title: Building Service Foreman (Temporary Upgrade) - Facilities & Services (99592)
Open Date: 07/11/2018
Close Date: 07/18/2018
Organization Name: FandS Building Services