CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT AND TECHNICAL TRAINER
JOB NO.: 95261-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: G SERV VC FIN & ADM AIMS OPS
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Training, Employee Development, Web Design/Development
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 95261-AS
Working Title: Customer Engagement and Technical Trainer
Official Title: ASSOC IS SPECIALIST(S45FN)
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 15, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor degree is not required to perform this job.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Preferred knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Experience providing IT training to adult learners
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge and practice of interpersonal skills needed to address potentially difficult situations and customers
- Ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative work environment
- Demonstrated technical competence in a customer support environment and knowledge of information systems technology and operations
- General analytical and troubleshooting procedures needed to help end users
- Experience with help desk call tracking and incident management applications and concepts
- Basic desktop hardware support and concepts
- Networking concepts, internet connectivity concepts and wireless networking
- Use of desktop management and remote control software (Timbuktu, Remote Desktop Connector, RHUB or equivalent, Ghost, Altiris, WSUS) installing, monitoring, and supporting workstations
- Anti-virus and anti-spyware applications (such as Symantec, Adaware, SpyBot, etc.)
- Knowledge of a variety of common desktop applications such as word processing, database, graphics, and multi-media applications (especially MS Office Suite)
- Email clients and web browsers (such as Outlook, and Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of MS Office, MS Outlook, and central campus service offerings
- Computing trends and developments
- Knowledge of UWX processes and application
- Knowledge of adult learning modalities and learning service delivery options
License or certificate:
Under the general supervision and day-to-day direction of the Administrative Information Management Services (AIMS), Customer Engagement & Learning Services (CELS) supervisor, the individual in this position will develop and provide customer training, assist with outreach services and customer communication, user experience services in addition to creating and updating customer documentation. This position also provides basic help desk customer support services. Typical duties include working with users to develop user guides and help sheets, conducting formal and informal training sessions, providing basic support and responsible for maintaining and updating the AIMS web portal and documenting software applications. Additional duties include answering the help desk phone and providing customer support. The position requires knowledge of general IS concepts, principles, practices and techniques, basic understanding of user experience (UWX) principles as well as expertise with common office application software, computer operating systems, training techniques, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position requires skills and experience providing training to end users and customer support.
The University of Wisconsin, Administrative Information Management Services is committed to the highest standards of customer relations principles for its customers, fellow staff members, and visitors. Staff will serve as role models by practicing exemplary behaviors when working with customers and fellow staff members.
Ability to drive/clean driving record
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
Instructions to applicants:
To begin the application process, click the "Apply Now" button.
Submit a cover letter and resume including your relevant work experience and background. Please be sure to describe your experiences coordinating and delivering training, developing written communication, and providing customer service, as well the other duties in the Position Description.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Jul 11 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Jul 25 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time