Registrar - 165001
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Registrar's Office provides support services to faculty, staff, students and other constituents in the areas of academic programs and degree requirements, course scheduling, enrollment, degree verification, graduation, athletic eligibility and maintenance of student academic records, as well as handles state and federal reporting.
The Registrar Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Registrar Specialist to join our team.
This position will coordinate administration, maintain various reports associated with state reporting, assist with the coordination of registration and student schedule changes, report and schedule classes in the area of Registration and Reports, provide training for on-line student schedule changes and other training in EIS.
This position promotes diversity within the unit and supports existing University programs, and complete special assignments, tasks and projects as directed.
Additional duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Provide interpretation of academic policies and procedures to faculty, staff, and students.
* Assist with student services during registration periods.
* Assist in the coordination of the storage and retention of current and out of date report materials.
* Complete special assignments, tasks and projects as directed.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess Associate's Degree and one year of office administration experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Skill in telephone etiquette and courteous communication with public, verbally and in writing.
* Ability to evaluate facts or situation to route calls/customers appropriately.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Basic MS Office skills.
* Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including, personal computers, telephones and copiers, filing and recordkeeping, English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation and basic math.
* Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional
* Quality customer service skills, responsible, dependable, and professional.
* Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
* Dedication to customer satisfaction by providing timely and accurate services.
* Flexibility to change tasks quickly.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting