Grounds Equipment Mechanic
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 07-12-2018
Under general direction of the Grounds Foreman, the employee will schedule and repair equipment necessary to maintain department efficiently. The position requires the ability to operate all Grounds Services equipment required to complete assigned tasks, as well as assist in coordination of Grounds Services work with other University staff. Employee will be in compliance with all applicable codes.
1. Four (4) years of full-time experience or training, or a combination of the two, in the servicing, repairing, and maintenance of grounds equipment.
2. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
3. A final candidate must complete a post-offer pre-employment physical exam. Employment is contingent on the successful result of the pre-employment physical.
**Must acquire a Class A Commercial Driver's License within first five (5) months of employment** for this position.
1. Working knowledge of all equipment and tools used by the Grounds Services Department.
2. Ability to correctly diagnosing and solving everyday problems associated with constantly used Grounds equipment.
3. Ability to keep accurate records of equipment maintenance.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, to make decisions.
5. Basic computer proficiency.
6. Possession of a valid Class D driver's license.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.