Finance Systems & Operations Analyst
Job ID: 24634
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Department: Finance Support
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Non - Exempt
Salary Range: $3,288/month - $5,983/month
FLSA status: Non - Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Finance Support, the Finance Systems & Operations Analyst is responsible for but not limited to: Finance Connect customer service; documentation and training of the finance systems, including Oracle/PeopleSoft Finance CFS, CFS Data Warehouse, Financial Transaction Services (FTS), and On Base imaging and workflow; maintain and update Finance policies and guidelines; and provide backup and/or assistance for a variety of tasks currently assigned to other Finance Support staff in their primary roles. Responsibilities also include special tasks, projects and assignments in support of the Finance Service Group.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist campus community with policy and procedure questions, help resolve any Finance systems issues; maintain website; facilitate message blogs
- Run pay cycles to issue checks, both regularly scheduled and on-demand
- Assist with maintaining training documentation of CFS Finance processes, CSU Data Warehouse, FTS and On Base; develop and maintain online versions of training materials
- Assist in the coordination of Finance staff for testing of CFS Finance system upgrades and maintenance packs, as well as other Finance system applications.
- Provide assistance with the development of upgrade project plans, documenting test results and maintaining test scripts for audit purposes, when required.
- Process Financial Month End, and Year End Financial Reports, and/or queries
- Run monthly LCD process
- Process Employee Profile requests
- Upload monthly budget data to OpenGov
- Run Voucher Interface and Build processes for Accounts Payable when needed
- Review and post web journals, as needed
- Conduct training sessions for Finance systems users
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Information Systems or related field of study, or equivalent work experience with higher education finance systems.
- Experience using Oracle/People Soft Finance 9.2 or above, including creating queries.
- Experience using web development tools.
- Experience testing new or upgraded software/application functionality.
- Experience conducting various presentations/training sessions.
- Experience in the California State University system.
- Experience analyzing and documenting processes and/or procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work well with a variety of people in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently to establish and accomplish objectives in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of SJSU and CSU.
- Broad understanding of financial business processes.
- Broad understanding of CFS, CFS Data Warehouse, FTS, and On Base applications.
- General understanding of the various CFS Finance system modules: Accounting, Accounts Receivable/Billing, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, and Asset Management modules.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to plan and execute multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects.
- General understanding of the integrated activity between the Oracle/PeopleSoft CFS Finance, HR, and Student applications.
- Specific knowledge and training related to OpenGov (third party application).
- Specific knowledge and training regarding CFS Supplier ID setup.
- Knowledge and experience using WEB development tools.
July 11, 2018
Application Screening begins August 1, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a driminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046