Finance Systems & Operations Senior Analyst
Job ID: 24637
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt II
Salary Range: $4,693/month - $8,002/month
FLSA status: Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Finance Support, this position maintains the infrastructure that supports both the accounting function, and the academic scheduling process at SJSU. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: maintenance of the Oracle/People Soft Common Financial System (CFS) Chart of Accounts, all People Soft Trees, Student Financials Item Types, the HR Department Budget Table, and Combination Editing Rules; and managing the monthly Labor Cost Distribution process. The primary duties involve complex research and detailed knowledge of People Soft tables and processes to implement data changes and correct problems that affect financial data. Other responsibilities include Finance Connect customer service, special tasks, projects and assignments in support of the Finance Service Group.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and Update Fund, Account, Department ID, Class, Program, and Project chart fields in CFS
- Create and Update chart field Combination Codes in HCM
- Maintain and Update Accounts and Funds available in FTS
- Update fund splitting for positions, Pool IDs, and process employee profile forms using valid combination codes
- Schedule and run the LCD process
- Research and correct future dated and pay check distribution errors
- Monitor and correct Integration Broker errors to ensure that payroll data is synchronized between HCM and CFS
- Run processes and test releases and upgrades
- Run monthly chart of account queries for the Accounting department
- Act as a backup for Finance Support staff to run all SAM monthly reports
- Act as a backup for Student Financials to run refunds in HCM and CashNet
- Act as a backup for running Pay Cycles
- Assist Finance staff with queries as needed
- Backup CFS Supplier ID maintenance as needed
- Functional system support for Accounting, Accounts Receivable/Billing, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Asset Management, Budget Office, and Bursar's Office
- Asset Management's AssetWorks inventory system
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Information Systems or related field of study, or equivalent work experience with higher education finance systems.
- Experience testing new or upgraded software/application functionality
- Experience with SQL database query
- Experience using SQL in trouble-shooting systems issues
- Experience analyzing and understanding systems setups and processes
- Experience in the California State University system
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Specific knowledge of and training required on Oracle/PeopleSoft Common Financial System (CFS) application.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and impacts of additions or deletions of chart of account data on current, retroactive, and future accounting transactions and the accuracy of SJSUs financial reporting and period end close processes.
- Knowledge of Tree Utilities including audits and fixing broken trees, and how to copy and roll trees forward to a new fiscal year.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM and CFS and how data flows between them.
- Specific knowledge and training regarding CFS Supplier ID setup.
- Functional knowledge of CFS Asset Management module and Asset Works inventory software system.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and trouble-shoot Finance systems issues.
- Ability to coordinate with staff for testing system maintenance packs, to ensure current processes run as expected.
- Ability to run queries and/or SQL to perform data validation through the LCD process.
- Ability to keep up-to-date with new system releases and fixes; referring to documentation and attending meetings
July 11, 2018
Application Screening begins August 3, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a driminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046