Exra Help Clerical
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 07-11-2018
The Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality is one of 12 departments within the Division of Student Affairs. It provides the campus community and guests with high-quality, efficient, and innovative event services and dining options in a variety of settings dedicated to accentuating and enhancing the campus experience in a diverse community.
This position will assist in the configuration and set up of automated time keeping systems, review time cards for accuracy and compliance with university policy and applicable labor agreements, create time and labor reports, and assist supervisors and employees with time reporting questions.
Whether it's to find a place to study, gather with friends, enjoy a bite to eat, or plan a large event, the Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality takes great pride in providing welcoming and inclusive spaces, high-quality food services, and experienced and professional staff who care about making every experience individualized and extraordinary. It is our philosophy to recruit, inspire, and retain talented team members and promote wellness and foster their development. It is our goal to promote a more fully diverse and inclusive campus community.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. 18 months of clerical support experience. College course work may be considered in lieu of professional experience.
3. Ability to keyboard accurately at a rate of 40 w.p.m.
4. Ability to write clearly with appropriate grammar and to proofread accurately.
5. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
6. Ability to learn software.
7. Good communication skill both oral and written.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
9. Skills and abilities in administrative techniques.
10. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.