Laboratory Technician Senior
The department of Physiology is seeking a Lab Technician Senior.
This person will participate in biomedical research using the biochemical and cell biological methods, including but not limited to tissue and cell extractions for analyses of RNA and protein expression, RT-PCR, DNA and protein electrophoresis, Western blot, Indirect immunofluorescence, tissue staining and microscopy, Sub cellular fractionation and gel shift analyses, and enzymatic activity assays.
The work may involve the use of radioisotopes and small animals (mice and rats). The person should follow established protocols and should keep excellent records for the work that has been done.
Laboratory Technician Senior
Lab Tech Sr
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Moving and lifting object from floor to above shoulders up to 25 pounds. Standing and sitting at computer terminals and laboratory bench completing repetitive tasks for extensive periods of time. Continuous working with materials requiring personal protective equipment in accord with EH&S policy.
Primarily Days Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, some Evenings, Weekends are possible
Proficient and IACUC compliant with small animal care; Basic lab skills (e.g., pipetting); basic computer skills (e.g., MS word, excel, PowerPoint); strong oral and written communication skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Degree in Biology or related field and more than one year related experience in a research laboratory including technical molecular biology, biochemical, and cell culture research protocols preferred.
Experience with small rodents preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate your years of paid work experience within a biochemical or molecular biology research laboratory.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 7 years
- More than 7 years
- * Please indicate if you have paid working experience with the following techniques: handling RNA and DNA, cloning techniques, Western Blotting, small animal colony management, cell culture, HPLC, and lipid analyses.
- I have paid working experience with 1 of the 7 techniques listed.
- I have paid working experience with 2 of the 7 techniques listed.
- I have paid working experience with 3 of the 7 techniques listed.
- I have paid working experience with 4 of the 7 techniques listed.
- I have paid working experience with 5 of the 7 techniques listed.
- I have paid working experience with 6 of the 7 techniques listed.
- I have paid working experience with 7 of the 7 techniques listed.
- I have no paid working experience with the techniques listed.
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- High School or GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vita