Benefits Leave Analyst
Hyde Park Campus
78704 Human Resources
About the Unit
The University of Chicago offers a wide variety of benefits programs and resources to its employees. From the health plan options and wellness programs, to our continuing education opportunities and competitive retirement plans, the University of Chicago Benefits team is committed to providing benefits and support that matter to all faculty and staff at each stage of your employment.
The Benefits Leave Analyst supports, coordinates and promotes all aspects of the University's leave programs, including but not limited to Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Personal and Medical Leaves of Absence, Workers' Compensation, and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
In collaboration with other members of Human Resources, maintains and improves an integrated program for the University's disability benefits. Serves as the daily point of contact for departments and employees regarding issues that may arise from employee leaves of absence. Works collaboratively with a wide variety of individuals including staff at insurance carriers, internal and outside counsel, health professionals, the University Risk Management team and other University departments and department staff.
Partners with departments and employees to help employees achieve a durable return to work. Ensures that the administration of all leave programs, and associated record-keeping comply with pertinent legislation, ordinances, regulations and University policies. This position also ensures that appropriate and timely follow-up information is provided to all clients and all service and delivery expectations of leadership and employees are met.
The Benefits Leave Analyst supports in the planning and execution of leave strategy. The position maintains and analyzes various types of leave information regarding University and appropriate peer policy/plan performance. Gathers and analyzes industry trends. Participates in and analyzes leaves and benefit surveys as requested.
This position is a key member of the benefits team with deep subject matter focus.
- Provides consultation to ensure effective and fiscally responsible leaves policy/plan designs, implementation and ongoing administration.
- Assists team leadership in the planning and implementation for all leave plans.
- Works with the Benefits Team to support the University on various leave policy/plan designs, administration and implementation, including HR staff, Associate Provosts and Associate Deans.
- Supports the team in the overall legal compliance of all leave plans and programs to avoid financial penalties and potential lawsuits. Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills required.
- Experience working in a team environment, collaborating on projects, etc.
- High level of professionalism, personal integrity, and dependability required.
- High level of computer application skills including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Familiarity with plan documents and compliance issues, to include testing required.
- High level of planning and analytical skills required.
- Uses sound judgment to escalate questions and inquiries as appropriate.
- Ability to make presentations to staff and leadership required.
- Demonstrated initiative to successfully manage multiple priorities in a complex, multi-constituent's environment.
- Able to research, analyze and present data and recommendations in an organized and logical manner required.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to consult with all levels of management required.
- Experience working on complex issues where analysis requires an in depth evaluation of variable factors required.
- Well-developed problem analysis and resolution skills, with ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results required.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience in Human Resources, leave management, or similar, required.
- Previous experience in higher education, preferred.
- Cover Letter
- Reference list
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/