Conference Services Coordinator
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
The Conference Services Coordinator for the GWC campus supports learning by managing the daily operations within the Music by the Lake and Conferencing and Events Office for GWC. The coordinator works on special projects for the campus. As a member of the Community Relations team, this person assists with the responsibility for conferencing and event management (including contracts, grants, acting as liaison for conference groups and with the artist and/or agent, etc.). Additionally, the coordinator ensures that the office operates efficiently and accurately through management of the budget and the coordination of scheduling and volunteer staffing. With the mission, vision and core values of Aurora University central to the work, this position is an integral part of the University Advancement team and is a key member in assisting in the growth and oversight of the Conference Center, Sundays at 4 and Music by the Lake program in community relations to achieve the university's vision.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages database for conferencing, Sundays at 4, Music by the Lake and related donors assuring data integrity. Researches new ways to utilize the database to fulfill the mission of the department and university.
- Manages the Front Desk staff including recruitment/hiring, training and scheduling.
- Manages invitations, arrangements, reservations, contracts, budget documents, and communications for the Sundays at 4 series, Music by the Lake, conferencing, and other special events (admissions functions, donor receptions, lunches or dinners, recognition events, etc.) for George Williams College.
- Assists with all donor correspondence and stewardship functions for fundraising efforts of community relations, including updating and managing the Raiser's Edge and IModules database in support of these activities, particularly with Sundays at 4 and other businesses and constituents .
- Assists with the management of all details of events, including registration, facilities management, audiovisual needs, catering services, staffing, and evaluation. Works with outside vendors, as appropriate, and other university departments to coordinate various aspects of events. Assists with other Advancement events, as needed, such as special presentations, lectures, and donor recognition programs.
- Interfaces with various departments and outside vendors regarding proofreading, printing, mailing, and other scheduling needs. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of Sundays at 4 and Music by the Lake patrons, faculty, staff, students, alumni and community members.
- Manages budgets for the George Williams Campus. Processes purchase orders and invoices, reconciles budget statements and prepares monthly reports. Coordinates the purchasing requirements for conferencing and events, including software maintenance, third-party contracts, publications, mailings and basic office expenses.
- Assists in the implementation of contracts with artist agencies for Sundays at 4 and Music by the Lake including technical riders, hotel and travel arrangements for guest artists, and overseeing requirements for stage set up.
- Provides administrative support to the Vice President of Operations including scheduling, correspondence, special events, travel arrangements, reports and communications.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required or a minimum of three to five years equivalent significant experience, preferably in higher education.
- Strategic thinking and orientation with the ability to identify and to solve problems.
- The ability to deal with multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and the flexibility to deal with changing needs.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents; the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external audiences.
- Customer-service focused.
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, with a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets (Excel), and the Internet.
- The ability to work independently and as a member of the George Williams College team.
- Strong enthusiasm, motivation, and drive.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends for University sanctioned events.
- The ability to interact verbally by telephone and in person.
- The ability to move about campus and between locations in various weather conditions.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.