The Vascular Technologist will work in the Imaging Services department providing high quality and efficient customer service to patients in this department.
Job duties include: treat all customers (patients, faculty, staff, etc.) with respect and in a courteous, professional, manner, maintain privacy and confidentiality, promote a positive work environment, provide communication regarding all aspects of care, such as explanations of exam or delay in service.
This position is also required to acquire or maintain ARDMS certification to ensure compliance with our ACR accreditation, and to maintain required licensing with continuing education and comply with all departmental, state and federal regulations.
This position requires working weekends, holidays and during times of emergency. Flex as requested to meet overall operational needs of department, regardless of shift or assignment.
General/Vascular Ultrasound Technologist
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Pushing, pulling, lifting, and standing.
Will be responsible for General and Vascular ultrasounds.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
PACS, RIS, Ultrasound Physics, Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology preferred. Associate's degree plus six months of related experience is preferred. Acquire/maintain ARDMS certification to ensure compliance with our ACR accreditation preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have, or are you eligible for, one of the following: ARDMS or RVT?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your paid employment experience performing General or Vascular ultrasound procedures.
- More than 0 years, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years
- * Please describe your experience performing vascular ultrasounds.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter