The CP Tech will accurately comply with all department protocols. The Cardiopulmonary Technician in the Adult Echo Lab/ UK and GS is responsible for preparing the patient for stress testing, assisting the patient for safety, performing hemodynamic monitoring (taking blood pressures). Assists the stress test monitor (RN, ARNP, PA or physician) with monitoring the patient's physical abilities, hemodynamics and stress EKG. This staff member works closely with the stress test monitor and is under the direction of the technical director and medical director.
H3130:Gill Heart Institute
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
In addition, the essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of normal heart rhythm and basic arrhythmias; experience with 12 lead ECG, organizational skills and an ability to communicate clearly and concisely; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as follow hospital and unit policy and procedures.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1-2 years of direct experience monitoring and interpreting cardiac physiological data.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have one of the following certifications: 1.) State Registered Nursing Assistant (SRNA), 2.) Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B or EMT-P), 3.) Military Medic, 4.) Cardiac Monitor Technician, 5.) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or 6 Medical Assistant (RMA or CMA)?
- * How much experience do you have obtaining 12 lead ECGs?
- More than 0 years, up through 1 year
- More than 1, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have assisting with cardiac stress testing?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Have you ever taken an EKG class or EKG test? If yes, please describe.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter