Study Recruiter (Research Assistant 1)
Job Title: Study Recruiter (Research Assistant 1)
Job ID: 2018698
Location: Storrs Campus
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Study Recruiter (Research Assistant 1) is responsible for conducting study recruitment through online social media platforms and community outreach in Storrs, CT. This position will be engaging people living with HIV, who they have encountered online. By using a high level of interpersonal skills, this position will determine study eligibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the preparation of images and materials to be used in social media and community recruitment.
- Use social media platforms to identify and engage people for study opportunities.
- Use community outreach, such as bar recruitment, to identify and engage people for study opportunities.
- Develop, post, and monitor online outreach ads.
- Collect and record data from social media advertisements and community contacts.
- Engage with potential participants to provide study details.
- Screen potential participants for study eligibility.
- Conduct enrollment appointments.
- Conduct participant assessments.
- Communicate regularly with Project Manager and Principal Investigator.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Travel to research site as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university.
- One year of post-bachelor's work experience that should include experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated interest, knowledge or experience engaging people using social media platforms (including dating websites/apps).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail / conscientiousness.
- Ability to work irregular and flexible hours and evening hours as needed.
- Prior experience in research study protocols.
- Prior experience working with the LBGTQ community.
- Prior experience working with people living with HIV.
This is a full-time position, subject to annual renewal, based on available funding. Salary will be commensurate with successful candidate's background and experience. Screening of applications will begin immediately. The University offers outstanding medical and retirement benefits.
Please apply online using UConn Jobs: http://www.jobs.uconn.edu , staff positions, to upload a letter of interest, resume, and a list of three professional references. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2018698)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on July 25, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at: http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp .
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.