The Executive Director, Business Intelligence directs and oversees high-level strategic and tactical decisions for business intelligence tools and applications. Coordinates department policies and operations with managers of other units within the division. The incumbent facilitates organizational data strategies for governance, design, implementation, integration, and usage. This position leads the design and maintenance of business intelligence infrastructure. The Executive Director, Business Intelligence also identifies, researches, resolves technical problems, and ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision-making capabilities. This position manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. They are charged with creating functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function, and develops budgets, policies, and procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Responsible for fostering increased awareness and attainment of higher levels of customer service by directing internal teams in the execution of initiatives. Works independently while meeting department goals and objectives by applying an intensive and diversified knowledge in broad areas of assignment. Plans and coordinates the functions and services for assigned information technology projects, of multiple sizes and complexities.
• Understands the business to be a driving force in how information solutions are developed, implemented, and delivered.
• Develops, documents and implements standard processes for daily support operations.
• Participates in the development of an ongoing strategy to assess business intelligence tools.
• Leads the development of functional design and requirements to enable business intelligence capability.
• Defines and promotes the department’s best practices and design principles for data warehousing techniques and architecture.
• Monitors and troubleshoots performance issues on data warehouse servers and assists in the development of business intelligence, business data standards, and processes.
• Technological decision maker for the business’s future data, analysis, and reporting needs.
• Works closely with data analysts and other data consumers within the business in an attempt to gather and populate data warehouse table structure, which is optimized for reporting.
• Designs and supports the database and table schemas for new and existent data sources for the data warehouse.
• Supports the business’s daily operations inclusive of troubleshooting of the business’s data intelligence warehouse environment.
• Prepare activity and progress reports regarding his/her group responsibilities as indicated by IT leadership.
• Identifies opportunities for change and develops plans for capitalizing on these opportunities.
• Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to superiors and peers across the organization.
• Effectively communicate with UM administration, faculty, and staff on a daily basis as needed.
• Other duties may also be assigned as required.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
• Fifteen or more years related work experience required which should include leadership experience that demonstrates the ability to lead a team of professional, technical, and support staff; and proven organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills.
• Must have experience designing & developing analytics and reports, knowledge and experience using Statistical tools.
• Experience with self-service reporting tools, data extraction and manipulation.
• Knowledge of relational data modeling (i.e. 3rd normal form).
• Ability to manage large, complex projects from start to finish.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills in all mediums including supervision. Demonstrated ability to negotiate difficult, complex matters with vendors and/or customers.
• Ability to meet the service needs of academic and administrative technology users in a medical and/or higher education environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to ensure customer satisfaction with quality output.
• Clearly communicate ideas and recommendations; and, to write clear, and concise reports.
• Represent the University in a professional manner.
Apply at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P100040345
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>