Student Services Officer 2
Student Services Officer 2
Job Number: 79694
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends, and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award- winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
The Department of Chemical and Systems Biology, with 12 faculty, 49 graduate students, and 44 postdoctoral fellows, seeks to advance biomedical science through molecular and quantitative approaches, focusing on basic science research and translating laboratory discoveries into new clinical therapies. The department is one of the premier systems biology departments in the country, attracting stellar graduate students and fellows who advance to positions as top scientists and academic leaders in their field.
We are seeking a Student Services Officer 2, to administer, implement, and interpret university and department policies and procedures on issues regarding admission, financial aid, housing, registrar services, visa services, student life, advising, career counseling, and academic services. The ideal candidate will also identify, clarify, and resolve highly visible or complex issues with substantial significance and impact that may span multiple areas, using advanced technical and professional knowledge requiring independent judgment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and management.
- Advanced analysis and problem solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to ensure and apply compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.