Administrative Support Specialist
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Administrative Support Specialist position. Reporting to the Manager, Academic Systems, the Administrative Support Specialist is responsible for ensuring compliance with established College and Division of Academic and Student Success standards, practices and policies, while working collaboratively with other departments within the Division in the coordination of administrative processes. This position establishes and maintains work procedures and standards to improve efficiency and effectiveness of assigned administrative operations within the Academic and Student Success Division.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Associate's degree required.
• Two (2) years of related work experience required.
• Strong technical skills; demonstrated proficiency using MS Word and Excel required.
• Strong attention to detail required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong problem solving and organizational skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with others.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in the implementation and coordination of processes and procedures.
• Ability to work well independently required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment required.
• Previous experience using enterprise-wide information and reporting systems.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Bachelor's degree preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Previous experience working in higher education preferred.