Coordinator - Patron Services, SOA
Coordinator - Patron Services, SOA
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Utah Valley University is searching for a Patron Services Coordinator for the School of the Arts. This position is responsible for all public interactions within the Noorda Center for the Performing Arts; from the initial software event set-up for tickets sales to the actual patron experience at the event, as well as post and pre-performance events. This position manages special event ticket operations and provides ticket services to those sponsoring and attending activities. Responsibilities include conferring with event sponsors concerning ticket needs, preparing and supervising the transfer of ticket information to patrons, solving problems, maintaining control of money and tickets, and preparing audit statements. The coordinator hires, trains, schedules, and supervises all box office staff, ushers, and house managers, both student workers and community volunteers. This position reconciles daily ticket sale activity and deposits cash and checks accordingly. Also, handles all email, telephone, and in-person communications resulting from public, student, faculty, and staff inquiries.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in a directly related field of study or a combination of education and experience totaling four years
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Knowledge of email database processing.
- Knowledge of federal law regarding accessibility needs and requirements.
- Knowledge of basic accounting involving cash handling.
- Exemplary customer relations skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently supervise and train a team of student and part-time employees.
- Ability to remain calm when working in stressful situations .
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to prepare reports and meet deadlines.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in Arts Administration or a related field and 2-4 years of related experience.
Frequent standing, sitting, and walking. Frequent use of fine-hand manipulation associated with the use of a computer. Occasional need to twist, kneel, reach, and grasp.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $33,385 to $51,502
Advertisement Number: STA93918 School of the Arts Staff 07/30/2018
Open Date: 07/10/2018
Review Start Date: 07/16/2018
Close Date: 7/30/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/7625
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.