College Advising Specialist
The College Advising Specialist guides at-risk students' learning journey and provides case management services to ensure academic success and program completion. The Specialist will serve students throughout the NTC district. This is an exempt position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide case management to students to include: individual meetings, assisting with required/elective course selection, prerequisites, recommended credit load, monitoring grades, tutoring referrals, monitoring progress towards graduation, and making referrals to other college services as needed.
- Plan and facilitate special events such as information sessions, orientations, etc. to support student engagement and success.
- Assist in coordinating proactive advising activities and in continuous improvement of services to program students.
- Coordinates advising activities for program students at Regional Campuses in close cooperation with Career Coaches using all available methods of service delivery.
- Develop appropriate action plans to guide students through their program curriculum, to meet requirements of state and local benefit agencies, and achieve desired career goals.
- Collaborate with community partners providing services to students (Job Center, VA offices, etc).
- Use technology to provide information and guide students and program participants including Blackboard/Canvas, social media websites, on-line chat, online resources, etc.
- Collaborate and communicate with program faculty and other program advisors regarding program activities and student referrals.
- Assist assigned students in the pursuit of career goals including: decision making, college choices, and job opportunities using a variety of resources appropriate to the students' needs. Assist in facilitating job and transfer fair events, mock interviews, and opportunities for students to engage with employers.
- Complete activity reports and data entry for retention, tracking and grant accountability.
- Assist with retention based workshops such as job seeking skills, time management, study strategies, etc.
- Responsible for contacting students who have not re-enrolled or completed their program to support completion initiatives.
- Respond to student concerns/problems and referring students to appropriate resources, including counseling services.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the college's mission, core beliefs and strategic direction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in education or related, Master's degree preferred.
- At least three years related work experience in a higher education institution.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Experience in advising, career planning, and placement services.
- Knowledge and understanding of college admissions, career development, and financial aid processes.
- Working knowledge of current computer software. Knowledge of career services technologies and software.
- Ability to plan, organize, promote and implement campus events and educational workshops.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with internal staff and students.
- Ability to work independently.
- Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds.
- Ability to travel to various locations within the district.
- Employment is conditional on compliance regarding the completion of a Criminal Background Check.