Manager - Mail Services (S478)
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
Manager for all University Mail Services functions including but not limited to the mail center operations, intra-campus mail, and package tracking management. Manages staff in both Mail Services and Student Post Office. Oversees workflow for Central Receiving, Mail Services and Student Post office.
- Position requires a bachelor's degree
- Two years of mailing experience desirable
- Working knowledge of current postal regulations
- Knowledge of postage meter machines
- Proficiency in web-based (Cloud) systems
- Customer Service experience
- Must have a valid California Driver's license
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Manages daily operations of Mail Services, Student Post Office and Central Receiving
- Manages budget for Mail Services, Student Post Office, and Central Receiving departments
- Supervise Staff members both in Mail Services and Student Post Office.
- Supervise student workers for Mail Services, Student Post Office and Central Receiving..
- Responsible for the coordination and delivery routes of all incoming, outgoing and intra-campus mail including packages and freight deliveries
- Maintains SQBX tracking system
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Required to work varied work schedules to include evenings, weekends, and holidays in support of operational needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Participate in annual budget review.
- Participate in weekly manager meetings.
- Develops marketing plan for Mail Services with assistance from Assistant Director
- Continually evaluates processes and procedures
- Develop, maintain and train all staff on safety procedures for the handling of hazardous materials.
- Make strategic process decisions regarding department work flow.
- Solve problems for intra-campus departments regarding student(s) and fac/staff mail.
- Resolves conflicts regarding policies and procedures.
- Process purchase orders.
- Perform mid-year and year-end evaluations of staff..
- Maintain and evaluate vendor accounts in order to maintain best pricing for university.
- Responsible for approving bill to be paid (i.e.: FedEx, UPS, Presort Partners, and any specialty mail vendors) and all departmental billing.
- Drive the forklift and assist departments in the transportation of goods between departments.
- Maintains postage meter machines
- Maintains a sufficient amount of stamps, postal and shipping supplies
- Maintains the accuracy of mailstops and names on the University Mail Stop List
- Develops and implements communication plan to the University for Policy And Procedure Changes, rate increases and any other information relating to Mail Services.
- Responsible for service maintenance checks of vans/trucks
- Maintains compliance with APU mission, vision, positional statements and other policies and procedures.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage details and follow through.
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
- Day-to-day decisions on distributions of mail, packages and supplies
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Kneeling, pulling, grasping, crouching, repetitive motions, sitting, standing, walking, pushing, stooping
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Work within a temperature controlled environment.
- Outdoors for travel between locations
- Proficient in using Postage programs, Google mail, Google Apps, Microsoft Excel, and Word
- Grade 9: $23.58 - $30.65/hour
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.