Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
We are looking for great people with great passion who are engaged and serious in the work of helping those who strive and desire a college education to achieve their goals. The successful candidate will assist in the recruitment, admission, and enrollment of targeted markets identified as potential prospects for the university.
- 30% | Presentations: In and out-of-state travel
Be responsible for recruiting events and presentations (High Schools, Middle Schools, Junior Colleges and College Fairs), to achieve recruitment goals. This involves extensive travel throughout Utah and out of state with some overnight and weekend work days. Clearly, accurately, and enthusiastically articulates information about the University and its programs, admissions criteria, financial aid, and student life.
- 25% | Successfully move students through the admissions funnel
Provide instruction on the application process through one-on-one counseling, responding to emails and phone calls. Assists students in the completion of their applications by recording high school transcripts, providing information on campus resources, financial assistance, and academic programs.
- 20% | Recruitment events
Coordinate outreach activities with high school counselors to promote university partnerships.
This would include both on and off-campus events such as; campus tours, the high school tour, regional open houses, Utah college application week and what's next student days.
- 15% | Wolverine Ambassadors
Support the Wolverine Ambassador program through recruitment, selection and awarding of new ambassadors. Assist with the development of ambassadors by offering training, resources and mentoring activities each semester.
- 10% | Strategic planning, reporting and marketing
Assist in the development of student recruitment strategies, marketing plans, and recruitment publications. Analyze data to determine which schools, fairs, and students to strategically target and which territorial and recruitment strategies will be most effective in each market.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in a related field plus one year of experience directly related to the Summary of Duties or a combination of education and experience totaling five years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, the Internet, and other programs as needed.
- Familiarity with specific applications used by the University and the Office of Admissions a plus (Banner and Recruit).
- Knowledge of Utah Valley University admissions process.
- Knowledge of higher education recruitment practices.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, both oral and written.
- Engaging personality, friendliness, enthusiasm, sense of humor, positive attitude, persistence, and passion for the work.
- Well-organized, accurate, effective, and creative multi-tasker, time-manager, problem solver, and “people person” who is also customer service-oriented and pays attention to detail, is able to prioritize and manage complex projects and priorities and works with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to present clear and accurate information to small and large groups of various populations.
- Ability to effectively work with diverse constituencies in a large, fast-paced professional work environment Represent the University in a professional and positive manner at all recruitment and recruitment related functions.
- Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds.
Weekend and evening hours required when necessary.
- Valid driver’s license.
Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds. General office environment with ability to travel to on and off campus sites.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $28,730 - $38,306
Advertisement Number: STA92818 Enrollment Management Staff 07/22/2018
Open Date: 07/10/2018
Review Start Date: 07/16/2018
Close Date: 7/22/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant: Please submit three references within the application. References may be contacted at any time during the search process. Priority consideration will be given to those who apply by the “review start date.”
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/7626
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.