Associate Compliance and Policy Officer
Associate Compliance and Policy OfficerPosition Summary
- Assists Chief of Compliance in providing strategic leadership and oversight of all compliance related activities across the Michigan State University campus.
- Assures that all compliance reporting responsibilities are understood and filed within required deadlines.
- Researches Codes of Conduct for adoption by the University and promotes an ethical culture with values of integrity, excellence and respect.
- Implements upon direction of the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) programs to strengthen the oversight of university tracking, investigation and resolution of complaints
- Identifies and reviews best practices with consult of the CCO and MSU Leadership and establishes the MSU Policy Library which will house a compilation of regulations and policies including, but not limited to policies or regulations promulgated by the President, Provost or other University officials to whom regulatory authority has been granted.
- Assists in compiling and maintaining a master record of all legal and regulatory requirements and the names of individuals who are on record as having the duty to assure compliance.
- Assists in development and maintenance of an effective compliance communications strategy.
- Serves as lead in establishing office operations including establishing policies and protocols for finances, human resources, facilities and technology.
- Supervises the support staff of the Enterprise Risk Management, Ethics and Compliance office.
- Convenes or serves as a team member for compliance and regulatory related committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree plus a minimum of 10 years of progressively more responsible work experience, with experience managing or overseeing an office.
- Understanding of state and federal laws relating to the field of compliance.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Successful record of working effectively and in partnership with individuals who do not report directly, but have shared responsibility for compliance.
- Supervisory experience and success in leading, empowering, and delegating effectively to a team of professional staff
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment
Experience working with complex issues.
Experience interacting with regulators, and an understanding of the ever-changing regulatory environment.
Experience in writing policy.
Required Application Materials
Resume and Cover Letter
List of three referencesReview of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.