Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 47-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 84,000 proud and successful alumni and partners while serving appropriately 17,500 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College, Office of Information Technology Services, seeks a skilled Systems Administrator (State Title: Lead Programmer-Analyst) to support the college's enterprise administrative systems. The Systems Administrator provides Microsoft based systems and database support including monitoring, installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting for Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft CRM Dynamics, and Microsoft SharePoint along with other applications used in a higher education environment. Candidate should be able to demonstrate initiative, customer orientation, and teamwork competencies. The Systems Administrator reports to the Assistant Director of Enterprise Architecture & Applications and will work closely with other key groups and staff within Information Technology Services (ITS).
- Perform routine Microsoft server/web server maintenance and troubleshooting. This would include scheduling backups, monitor logs, configure maintenance scripts, and escalating support issues by submitting tickets with vendors such as Microsoft and Ellucian.
- Monitor ancillary Banner integrated applications such as TouchNet, BRIM, BEP, BEIS and ADAP in an Ellucian Banner environment.
- Perform upgrades of Microsoft SQL Server database, Microsoft CRM Dynamics, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Provide Microsoft IIS web server administration.
- Participate in security audits and implement changes to resolve concerns
- Experience documenting new and existing processes as well as updating existing documentation when changes are necessary
- Use of ServiceNow ticketing and change management system for tracking issues and ongoing work
- Bachelor's degree with 1 years' relevant job experience or an Associate's degree with 3 years' relevant job experience
- Demonstrated experience working with SSMS and IIS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Experience supporting student information systems (Ellucian Banner, Colleague, etc.) or customer relations management system.
- Experience creating database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, triggers etc.
- MCSA, MCSE, or other
- Knowledge of Windows Failover Clustering and SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Active Directory experience
- Familiarity with single sign-on environments such as CAS, ADFS, or Shibboleth
- Experience in a virtualized environment
- Experience with an enterprise job scheduling system such as Automic
- May involve occasional travel
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
- Occasional weekend and evening work
Rank/Salary: $58,000+, commensurate with experience.
Applications Due by: Applications due by August 11th, 2018
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security