Coordinator, High School Outreach
Working within the Center for College and Career Readiness, the Coordinator will support the enrollment goals geared toward the first time, full time cohort with an emphasis on the Priority Admissions Program and NJ STARS. Promotion of the college will include individual enrollment appointments, as well as large group presentations to a variety of high school students.
Examples of Duties:
- Effectively communicate the College's admissions procedures, program offerings and student services to future students and parents in individuals, small and large group forums.
- Execute functions that help facilitate enrollment such as small & large group presentations as well as testing & registration events.
- Maintain a calendar of individual appointments for both NJ STARS students and graduating seniors to assist with the navigation of the RCGC enrollment process both on and off campus.
- Maintain a regular schedule of visits for Priority Admissions Program presentations, NJ STARS information sessions and related outreach events.
- Lead person to establish a recruitment funnel for the NJ STARS population:
- Assist with outreach activities that target the recruitment goals and initiatives included in the strategic plan for high school students, with a strong emphasis on the Priority Admissions Program and NJ STARS cohort.
- Execute communication plans targeting Priority Admissions Program and NJ STARS eligible students to include letters, postcards, phone blasts, emails, website and social media.
- Remain knowledgeable of state NJ STARS regulations & mandates and communicate changes/updates with campus community.
- Work in strong collaboration with the Financial Aid Administrator to attract, enroll and retain NJ STARS eligible students.
- Manage the NJ STARS email and social media accounts as well as the promotional items for incoming, returning and graduating NJ STARS students.
- Support recruitment/enrollment related events such as Open House, 4H Fair, Middle School visits & College Fairs.
- Maintain a monthly report to track and analyze recruitment efforts.
- In addition to RCGC's enrollment procedures, programs and services, the qualified candidate is knowledgeable in the areas of:
- special and selective admissions
- articulation agreements and programs established with various high schools
- partnerships with RCGC's university partners
- articulation agreements established with four-year institutions
- transfer credit practices
- Ensures the integrity and confidentiality of academic records; maintains compliance with FERPA, other college policies, as well as state and federal regulations.
- Participates in Professional Development opportunities provided by RCGC as well as various associations/organizations across the region.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with all levels of the institution, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse campus community.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate RCGC's programs in an articulate and effective manner to individual students and large groups.
- Strong knowledge of BANNER Student Module, INB & Self-Service (admissions & financial aid forms preferred), Microsoft Office applications.
- Available to work a flexible schedule to include some nights and weekends.
- A strong commitment to a comprehensive community college philosophy and a student-centered learning environment.