University Human Resources
Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
Located in historic Providence, Rhode Island and founded in 1764, Brown University is the seventh-oldest college in the United States. Brown is an independent, coeducational Ivy League institution comprising undergraduate and graduate programs, plus the Alpert Medical School, School of Public Health, School of Engineering, and the School of Professional Studies.
With its talented and motivated student body and accomplished faculty, Brown is a leading research university that maintains a particular commitment to exceptional undergraduate instruction. Brown’s vibrant, diverse campus community consists of about 4,500 staff and faculty, 6,200 undergraduates, 2,000 graduate students, 490 medical school students, more than 5,000 summer, visiting, and online students, and over 700 faculty members. Brown students come from all 50 states and more than 115 countries. Brown is frequently recognized for its global reach, many cultural events, numerous campus groups and activities, active community service programs, highly competitive athletics, and beautiful facilities located in a richly historic urban setting.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown welcomes applications from women, people of color, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Reporting to the VP for HR, the Recruitment Manager is a new position at Brown, and will be a leader who assists in enhancing Brown University’s staff recruiting and hiring initiatives. This is accomplished by establishing and delivering professional protocols, trainings, and best practices to attract and identify highly qualified diverse applicants and design timely recruitment processes to manage applicants through hiring processes. This professional will be highly proficient in employing sourcing strategies that increase outreach to highly-qualified, diverse candidates and creating talent pools for current and future Brown vacancies in support of short- and long-term succession plans as part of the University’s workforce planning strategy. This position will also support and coach hiring leaders their search and selection activities as well as facilitate staff recruitment efforts across the University.
The desired candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years of direct recruitment experience including at management/supervisory level, or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to establish applicant sources and build recruitment engagement strategies using a variety of methods
- Experience with online applicant tracking and recruitment systems, preferably Workday
- Demonstrated ability to deliver professional learning on contemporary best practices for recruitment and talent identification
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Must have worked in a high volume organization with regional (or unit-based) hiring practices
- Proficiency in online platforms to attract and identify applicants for hard-to-fill positions
- Excellent consultative skills to support hiring leaders in talent identification and full-cycle recruitment needs
- Previous marketing/brand awareness knowledge is highly preferred
- Ability to design, or lead, website content design is highly preferred
- Previous higher education, or education management, experience is highly preferred
To View More Details and To Apply, please use this link to the position on Brown’s Career Site:
Applicants are required to use the Brown Career Site to apply for the position and to submit their resume, cover letter and any related documents. Please check the status of your application through the account you create when you apply.
All offers of employment are contingent upon consent to criminal background screening check and education verification with results satisfactory to Brown.