Associate Director Student Success and Academic Programs (Washington, D.C.)
Collaboratively leads the development, implementation and marketing of student internship placement activities; and academic, experiential, executive, and revenue generating program offerings in Washington, DC. Designs, implements, and oversees systems and processes to enhance the effective operation of student success programming, services and support initiatives for FIU in Washington, DC. This position is based in Washington, DC.
- Secures internships and permanent employment opportunities for students and recent graduates in Washington, DC.
- Collaborates with key personnel on the development of an academic and experiential education strategy. Establish framework to position FIU in DC as a leader in student success and custom professional development programming.
- Develops, manages, and executes partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including federal agencies, to increase internship placements, create employment recruitment pathways and collaborate on experiential learning activities.
- Strategically partners with colleges and academic departments to establish or strengthen student success pipelines, create synergies and recruit students.
- Manage communications, student and alumni oriented programming, certificate and badge program, and student support services.
- Responsible for accurate tracking of data, metrics and DC student and alumni database.
- Serves as a key FIU representative throughout the greater business metropolitan DC area community while communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures the successful execution of Washington, D.C. events by coordinating key unit staff and collaborating with internal partners.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and six (6) years of appropriate experience, or Master's degree and four (4) years of experience.
- Knowledge of advanced features in Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) skills.
TO SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY, VISIT OUR CAREER SITE AT CAREERS.FIU.EDU AND SEARCH FOR 514369.