Deputy Title IX Coordinator and Director of Student Wellness
Bridgewater College is seeking outstanding candidates to serve as Deputy Title IX Coordinator and Director of Student Wellness. The position is full-time and is available immediately. This position has dual reporting to the Title IX Coordinator and the Associate Dean of Students.
The Deputy Title IX Coordinator and Director of Student Wellness collaborates with offices and partners across campus, to create a broad, all-inclusive, cohesive framework for health promotion, as well as assisting the Title IX Coordinator with prevention of, and response to, reports of sexual misconduct. This position serves as a dependable campus resource on a broad set of issues including community awareness, bystander intervention and education regarding healthy relationships, alcohol and other drug use and abuse prevention, eating disorders, nutrition and physical activity, mental health, sexuality, sexual health, stress management, sexual assault and violence prevention.
This position requires attention to detail and works within tight timelines. Meeting deadlines is an essential skill. At times, this position is required to work outside the 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. standard office hours schedule to accomplish the position responsibilities effectively and efficiently. Confidential record keeping and interfacing with a myriad of constituents (students, families, faculty, administrators and police officers) will occur on a regular basis.
- Master’s or terminal degree in public health, higher education, law, compliance or related field
- Experienced with health content areas relevant to college students, including but not limited to: alcohol and other drug use and abuse, sexual health, sexual/relationship violence, sleep, mental health and emotional well-being
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multicultural competency in working with diverse student populations, including students of color, international students, and LGBTQ students
- Experienced in bystander intervention theory and skills
- Strong computer skills and an ability to learn technology quickly. Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated initiative and independent judgement
Preferred Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Experience with Title IX compliance and investigations including a strong knowledge of Title IX, VAWA, Campus SaVE, and Clery legislation
- Experience working in confidential environment and handling sensitive data
- Certified Health Education Specialist or Master Certified Health Education Specialist
- Experience with online case management software (Maxient)
- Experience working effectively in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with large and small group facilitation and instruction
- Experience coordinating, implementing and assessing educational programs
- Proven ability to establish campus and community partnerships to collaboratively provide programs, resources and services to students
- Proven ability to leverage technology to enhance capacity and reach.
Additional Information: Email [email protected]
Apply: Please complete our online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers. Include cover letter, resume, writing samples, and the names and contact information (email and cell phone) for three references.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Bridgewater College is an equal opportunity provider, committed to employing a diverse faculty and staff, and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally under-represented groups.