Office Manager I
Areas of Intereset: Business/Management
Functional Areas: Student Affairs
Department: Wardenburg Health Center
Requisition Number: 11357
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 16-Jul-2018
Medical Services is now welcoming applications for an Office Manager. This position exists to provide management, supervision, guidance and relief coverage for the Medical Services front office administrative staff. The position provides specific administrative support to the managers of the Medical Clinic and the Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinic, providers, nursing staff and support staff. The Office Manager provides oversight and supervision of all aspects of front office operations, including efficient management of daily provider schedules and ensuring professional, appropriate, and timely communications with students, parents, faculty, and staff. Additionally, this position ensures that the front office staff conduct and comply with all Wardenburg Health Services policies and procedures. The Office Manager will provide relief coverage for department schedulers and front desk staff when meetings, breaks, and staff shortages occur. This position also assists with coordination and resolution of problems and conflicts related to scheduling, front desk functions and internal/external customer services with departmental constituents.
The Office Manager is responsible for informing the supervisor and the rest of the leadership team of potential scheduling issues and concerns so that providers are scheduled on a daily basis to support the needs of the department within the parameters and guidelines given by supervisor and the leadership team.
Who We Are
Medical Services staff understands and is committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness at CU Boulder. We provide a comprehensive range of health care services in several on-campus locations. Our clinic is a fast-paced and student-centered clinic, providing many opportunities for growth through professional collaboration and continuing education. We flex with the academic calendar, which provides natural ebbs and flows to the pace of clinic work, and many opportunities to support students throughout their university journey. We provide a wide range of health care services for students including but not limited to: primary care for acute and chronic illnesses and injuries, physicals, sexually transmitted infection prevention, testing and treatment, vaccinations, travel health care, and concussion care. We enjoy the many benefits of working on CU Boulder’s dynamic campus with a generally young and healthy population, and many opportunities to promote health and wellness for a lifetime.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Manage the front office of all locations and provide supervision to Medical Clinic and Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinic Schedulers, including performance plans, progress reviews, update JDs, review payroll/ time sheets, review requests for leave and arrange for coverage before approvals.
- Assist with hiring, disciplinary actions, corrective actions and resolution of informal conflicts and grievances that may occur with front office staff.
- Arrange work schedules and reorganize staffing as workload necessitates.
- Organize and direct work to meet changing needs by assessing processes, methods and techniques, etc.
- Direct staff training and cross-training, guides and directs staff in scheduling duties to include ongoing employee development and ensure the proper application of guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Monitor staff training in the operation of equipment for the schedulers and receptionists to include computers, photocopy machines, printers, fax, multi-line telephones and telephone responsibilities.
- Collaborate with direct supervisor and Leadership Team, to implement changes for scheduling policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Communicate changes in policies and procedures in the Medical Clinic and the Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinic that impact duties of schedulers. This position is responsible for communicating relevant department information to other departments in Medical Services as needed in order to keep everyone informed of changes within the Medical Clinic and the Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinic that could impact internal and external customers.
Administrative Assistant for the Managers and Lead Team
- Provide direct administrative support to the Medical Clinic and Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinic managers.
- Analyze data and prepare reports regarding clinic statistics, survey data, provider statistics, appointments, and DNKA reports, collaborate with Safety Officer and other department managers on clinical policies and process improvement issues.
- Maintain clinic forms and documents (fax cover sheet, computer down packets), copying or updating forms (PI and measurements folder), and assisting with word processing questions. This also includes, but is not limited to:
- Assist with customer surveys, compile data for clinic audits, distribute and compile peer review data, or other assignments that help improve the efficiency of the clinic and assure compliance with building and clinic procedures.
- Supervise and direct staff to create, implement and template the clinic's schedule for each semester, making sure that there is appropriate daily coverage.
- Change schedules as needed if a provider is approved to attend meetings, CMEs, or have administrative time for various reasons.
- Rearrange the schedule if a provider calls in sick, or needs to leave early, with the assistance of the Lead Team members and Managers. Determine if the schedule is not working as it is currently set up and contacts the appropriate staff to try to solve the problem/issue.
Human Resources Assistance
- Provide administrative support to the Managers and Lead Team by preparing the appropriate HR paperwork for employee changes, acquiring the required signatures and keeping adequate documentation and files of employee paperwork, according to information received from HR.
- Prepare and/or process the clinic's human resource related materials, such as ADF's, PMP's, position descriptions, computer user agreements, orientation manuals, competency checklists, organizational charts, computer deletion form and termination form.
- Assist Leads with annual PMP (performance plan) processes and schedule required coaching sessions.
- Responsible for new employee information such as NPO (new personnel orientation) manuals and online security training.
- Assist the Managers in orientation for all new employees, including new employee orientation, time sheet training, orienting with other departments and meeting with IT to establish computer access and EMR training.
- Approve administrative staff time sheets (employee work records) at the end of each pay period (monthly or biweekly as appropriate), collect staff time sheets in a timely manner, check for errors, contact employee if necessary and have them make corrections. Also follow through on delegated assignments until completed.
Administrative Assistance for Medical Clinic and the Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinic
- Go-to person for unwanted equipment, general questions and how-to processes.
- Assist providers and staff with minor computer issues and collaborates with IT and other staff when appropriate to address major technical problems.
- Act as a backup when front desk staff are out of the office; forward electronic faxes, send scheduled appointment reminders and deliver mail from the Medical Services mail room to staff.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting annual salary is $47,964.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Adaptable. Be Proactive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Four years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
What You Will Need
- Excellent customer service experience.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Two years office management/administrative support experience in a healthcare setting.
- Two years formal supervisory experience.
- Two years medical front office management experience.
- Experience with Electronic Health Records, and/or complex scheduling programs.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer